Author Topic: Evan Daniel Evans b Dolgelly 1822  (Read 24773 times)

Offline paulsue38

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Evan Daniel Evans b Dolgelly 1822
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 01 March 18 18:49 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks for all the replies to the interesting case of Evan Daniel Evans. I have just had it confirmed that the Evan in the court case in Mold was indeed my Great, Great Grandfather.
However, some of the other family details have changed.
It now appears that Evan's parents were Evan b 1799(possibly in Llanbrynmair, Montgoneryshire) and Anne Jones born 1791 (possibly Pont Dolgudfan) If anyone can help to confirm this I would be grateful.
In addition, it looks as if Evan married Elizabeth Edwards in 1853 in Ruabon. Can anyone help with the ancestory of Elizabeth? I think the father was Robert Edwards a Slater. 
Best wishes
Paul

Offline MarMnkly

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Always looking back
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 01 March 18 19:07 GMT (UK) »
Hope this helps
Mar
Surname Interests
Massey, Munkley, Powell, Thompson, Thurkettle

Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 01 March 18 20:30 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks for all the replies to the interesting case of Evan Daniel Evans. I have just had it confirmed that the Evan in the court case in Mold was indeed my Great, Great Grandfather.
However, some of the other family details have changed.
It now appears that Evan's parents were Evan b 1799(possibly in Llanbrynmair, Montgoneryshire) and Anne Jones born 1791 (possibly Pont Dolgudfan) If anyone can help to confirm this I would be grateful.
In addition, it looks as if Evan married Elizabeth Edwards in 1853 in Ruabon. Can anyone help with the ancestory of Elizabeth? I think the father was Robert Edwards a Slater. 
Best wishes
Paul

As far as looking further for Robert Edwards and Elizabeth etc,the unfortunate fact here is that there is that the 1841 Census for the Ruabon area is missing.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MarMnkly

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Always looking back
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 01 March 18 22:18 GMT (UK) »
Paul,
what information have you already got to think Evan Daniel's parents were Evan b 1799(possibly in Llanbrynmair, Montgoneryshire) and Anne Jones born 1791 (possibly Pont Dolgudfan) please

Mar
Surname Interests
Massey, Munkley, Powell, Thompson, Thurkettle

Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 02 March 18 08:30 GMT (UK) »
I had a look for Elizabeth Davies' baptism in the Ruabon area but the only ones around that time with Robert as a father had one with occupation as stonemason and the other one as a collier. Both non-c.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline paulsue38

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 02 March 18 09:01 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for taking the time to look Do you mean Elizabeth Edwards? Although they were married in Ruabon, Elizabeth lists Holywell, Flintshire on the census.
Best wishes
Paul

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 02 March 18 09:04 GMT (UK) »
Sorry - yes. The cold is getting to my brain  :-X

Add - just checked again - it was definitely Elizabeth Edwards that I looked for!
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 02 March 18 09:10 GMT (UK) »
The one in Flintshire has Robert as a labourer and was in Nercwys.

Offline paulsue38

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 02 March 18 09:18 GMT (UK) »
OK will keep looking, the marriage certificate indicates that he was a slater.  In terms of Evan it looks like he had siblings who could have been, John, 1826  William 1822, Mary 1830, Ann 1833. Evan snr and Ann Jones were both Wool weavers. It looks as if Evan jnr had a second baptism at the Juda Particular Baptist Chapel in West St. Dogellau.
Paul