Author Topic: Jane Lauder Daughter of Robert Lauder and Helen Dewar/Deuar  (Read 1210 times)

Offline patval

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Jane Lauder Daughter of Robert Lauder and Helen Dewar/Deuar
« on: Monday 19 February 18 16:36 GMT (UK) »
Hello, thanks for taking time to view my request

I'm trying to find evidence that the Jane Lauder in my husbands family tree is the Jane that is recorded as being the daughter of Robert Lauder b 1701 and Helen Dewar/Deuar.

Scotlands people have a record of birth for a Jane born Edinburgh to Robert and Helen in 1742

Then in 1767 in Cockpen a Jane Lauder marries Alex Watson .... this Jane I have confirmed to be my husbands ancestor

I've checked out a few Lauder family websites where Robert and Helen are mentioned as having 10 children but that's as far as it goes...

Has anyone any tips as to where I go from here please, or will this be yet another dead end....

Regards Patricia

ps tried to attach files from SP but too large...
Names: Warden, McDonald, Muirison, Kirk, Valentine, Forbes. also Kift (Braunton in Devon)

Areas: Scotland - Edinburgh, Dundee, Moulin, Dunkeld, Alyth, Invernes, Dornoch, Findhorn, Wick, Peterhead, Aberdeen and Turriff. Also for Valentine and Forbes.. Stonehaven, Fettercairn, St Vigeans and Girvan.

Offline Wendy2305

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Jane Lauder Daughter of Robert Lauder and Helen Dewar/Deuar
« Reply #1 on: Monday 19 February 18 16:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Couple of things that you could try

The baptism records of Ann's children do they show witnesses who you can cross check against Ann's siblings

Do the names Robert and Helen appear as names for Ann's children

Also have you checked for wills they may mention relatives

Have you checked for MI if they have a headstone

Hope these give you some help

Offline patval

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Jane Lauder Daughter of Robert Lauder and Helen Dewar/Deuar
« Reply #2 on: Monday 19 February 18 17:00 GMT (UK) »
Gosh that was quick... thank you so much Wendy...

Yes names are used Jane and Alex's first child, a daughter named Helen and later a boy Robert..
I will try headstones and look at SP for wills .....

Once again thank you
Patricia
Names: Warden, McDonald, Muirison, Kirk, Valentine, Forbes. also Kift (Braunton in Devon)

Areas: Scotland - Edinburgh, Dundee, Moulin, Dunkeld, Alyth, Invernes, Dornoch, Findhorn, Wick, Peterhead, Aberdeen and Turriff. Also for Valentine and Forbes.. Stonehaven, Fettercairn, St Vigeans and Girvan.