Author Topic: Robert Williams in Mold 1834  (Read 2565 times)

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Williams in Mold 1834
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 20 February 18 21:16 GMT (UK) »
 :) What of course would be a further aid, is the family in 1871 census?!
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 20 February 18 21:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi pimpernel

I checked the birth of Jeremiah on the GRO site and it gives his mother's mn as Jones:

Looks like Jones if this is Jeremiah's birth reg - Wrexham, J Q, 1867

Also, the Mold births are all there for 1834 +/- a few years and no sign of Robert, which was why I looked at FreeReg.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline pimpernel

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 20 February 18 21:24 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks for all the clarifying help! Yes, it seems clear Roberts' marriage was to Hannah Jones, and as there are two recorded in 1862, clearly I had the wrong one and just need to order the Holywell one. Hopefully that will help to identify Robert's father, which might help to pinpoint his birth a little more.
Oxfordshire: SHAYLER, HERN,
Gloucestershire: MEADOWS, HERBERT,
Worcestershire: GRIFFIN, WOOD,
Denbighshire: WILLIAMS, JAMES, EDWARDS, DAVIES.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 20 February 18 21:28 GMT (UK) »
The Banns are online but the marriage record isn't there any more, so it's either ordering the cert or get someone to do a lookup at the records office.

Not really very much in the Banns -just 'both of this parish'

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline pimpernel

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 20 February 18 22:25 GMT (UK) »
I couldn't find the Banns online, are they all in the same Parish? Do they give any clue to parentage I wonder? I'm going to order the certificate anyway, assuming I can find it on the GRO site!

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 20 February 18 22:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi I with such common surnames tread carefully,  the banns that were finally read 14th December 1862 Bagillt, possibly track the Hannah/Robert/Mary Jones back first?
Keyboard86

1871 would really help, no " Missing pages " I am aware of?

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 20 February 18 22:37 GMT (UK) »
Banns at Bagillt.  North Wales BMD has them marrying Holywell, St James.

Bagillt separated from Holywell parish in 1844 to become a parish in own right.  However, FindMyPast often gets the parishes wrong so it might well be banns at Holywell.  Residence of both is given as Holywell,

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 20 February 18 23:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi as an example,  their is Robert & Hannah in 1871 both born Holywell with the first apparent born Rebecca c 1865 and Mesach ( Meseck) c 1868 who look to have mmn Jones?
Census ref RG10/5640/63/12
Keyboard86

Offline pimpernel

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 21 February 18 08:52 GMT (UK) »
It is confusing with common names isn't it! There seem to be birth references around, but connecting to censuses is hard.

Searching their eldest children Robert (1865) and my g-grandfather Jeremiah (1867) I've not been able to find any trace of them or their parents together in the 1871 census, so assumed either there are documents missing or the family were somehow missed out. The property in 1881 was a rented rather ramshackle cottage in Minera, which suggests they moved around before settling in Coedpoeth by 1891. I highly doubt they went overseas, Jeremiah is remembered by living relations, such a fact would surely be known in the family.

I noticed there is an 1834 Halkyn born (aged 27) Robert in the 1861 census, with 26 year old wife Hannah (from Corwen) and a 1 week old baby son Meredith, but again the age difference between parents doesn't match - I think that's a strong clue with any census record - Hannah was eight years younger than Robert, not the 1 year as shown here. Also I'm not convinced by the Halkyn birth.

One interesting thing (though I don't know if this helps) - widowed Hannah’s entry in the 1911 census in Smelt Road, Coedpoeth mentions she had 14 children, five surviving and no less than nine no longer alive. I have traced all the ‘living’ ones, but the only pre-1911 death I know is her daughter Rebecca who died aged 21 in 1908. So if the family are listed in the 1871 census they may have an entirely different set of soon-to-be-deceased children.