Author Topic: Penfold family of Goudhurst, Kent - Penfold, Penville, Penvall  (Read 2230 times)

Offline annamargaretta

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Penfold family of Goudhurst, Kent - Penfold, Penville, Penvall
« on: Tuesday 20 February 18 20:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,

I'm looking for more information about my Penfold family from Goudhurst Kent.

William Penfold (1791) was married to Mary Ann Fuller (1794) and they had the Bricklayers' Arms.

Going back from William Penfold, it seems that the Penfold name changes from Penfold to Penville to Penvall (Proto Penvall - abt 1550).

Does anyone know anything about this branch of the Penfold family? Most searches I do, which looks at the Penfolds of the Kent area, talks about the Penfolds being travellers - is that the case for this line of the Penfold family? And does anyone know why the names change as you go up the line?

Any information will be much appreciated!

Warm regards - Anna

Offline AyyThisMyFam

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Penfold family of Goudhurst, Kent - Penfold, Penville, Penvall
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 10 February 19 07:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi! I am also a Penfold looking to trace my family heritage. I too got back to Proto Penvall. My Great Great Great Great Great Grandpa is the brother of the William Penfold you mentioned in your post. That would make us 5th or 6th cousins or something like that. My side of the Penfolds from Kent, England moved to South Australia sometime after colonization. My Great Great Great Great Grandpa the son of Edward and nephew of the William Penfold you mentioned moved to South Australia some time in his life and had 21 children.