Author Topic: Profile Image for person entries on Ancestry tree  (Read 1738 times)

Offline warpo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Profile Image for person entries on Ancestry tree
« on: Thursday 22 February 18 08:45 GMT (UK) »
I have a lot of people on my tree but everytime I go to it, I don't know, who I have exhausted research for and who I have still work to do. When I did my first tree I had an image of a notepad that I used to show i'm still working on that person, and I had an image of a brick wall that I used to show that I cannot find no more information on. Doing this though I had to upload the image to everyone, which I pressume would be a fake hint for other users.

Is there a way to upload these two images and use them at will for everyone as I choose?
Hides; Wilmore; Whitney; Laughton; Lambley; Bampton; Cox; Kirk; Major; Heathorn; Bailiss

Offline medpat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Profile Image for person entries on Ancestry tree
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 22 February 18 09:00 GMT (UK) »
The way I do it

Go from home page to my tree - put cursor on FIND PERSON and in the drop down section you have

Home Person

Last viewed

List of all people

I hit last viewed and continue my work.

:)
GEDmatch M157477

Offline panda40

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 22 February 18 10:26 GMT (UK) »
If you tap or click on the persons image for example the blue face for a man that is the default image for ancestry a drop down option appears where you can then select another image for this person from your photos etc. Using this option you should be able to customise your tree. I like your idea and when I have time will go through mine and identify my brick walls.
Hope it helps
Panda
Chapman. Kent/Liverpool 1900+
Linnett.Kent/liverpool 1900+
Button. Kent
Sawyer. Kent
Swain. Kent
Austin/en. Kent
Ellen. Kent
Harman. Kent/ norfolk

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 22 February 18 10:42 GMT (UK) »
Yes -  I change the image photo to a certificated avatar or .... if still working I put up a still looking avatar that I created..
So If I have found the bmd or necessary cert.. I place that in the image holding spot.
Still Looking I place that one there..

Then -- as said earlier refer to last name viewed.

BUT I also often forget my own rules.. and wander through like a lost sheep.. but that is just me...
Xin

this one shows I am still looking :)

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 22 February 18 10:46 GMT (UK) »
Its one I created and can be changed to suit your own tree.. design your own its fun :)

you could even leave yourself a message on the 'avatar'

for instance.. this is going nowhere :)
or not closely related

or a pic of the area the people lived in.. / headstone / or b.c.   loads of different markers..

Offline panda40

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 22 February 18 10:55 GMT (UK) »
Another thing to add to my to do list that appears never to shrink. I like what you have done xina ;)
Regards
Panda
Chapman. Kent/Liverpool 1900+
Linnett.Kent/liverpool 1900+
Button. Kent
Sawyer. Kent
Swain. Kent
Austin/en. Kent
Ellen. Kent
Harman. Kent/ norfolk

Offline StevieSteve

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 22 February 18 12:25 GMT (UK) »
They will appear as hints to others though.

The forum community are hoping that Ancestry set up a tagging system I.e. you tag someone as "Brick Wall" and then searching on the tag wil bring up a list of all the people you have given the same tag. These tags would be excluded from the hints

However, they've been hoping for a good while now...
Middlesex: KING,  MUMFORD, COOK, ROUSE, GOODALL, BROWN
Oxford: MATTHEWS, MOSS
Kent: SPOONER, THOMAS, KILLICK, COLLINS
Cambs: PRIGG, LEACH
Hants: FOSTER
Montgomery: BREES
Surrey: REEVE

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 22 February 18 13:19 GMT (UK) »
If you want the same picture for a number of people, open the picture from the gallery and you get the option to link it to other people in your tree.

I have the Welsh, English and Irish flags depending on place of birth, plus a question mark saved as a image to use for those with work to do. Handy for an overview.

Edited.... sorry the pics are so big  :o
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 28 February 19 07:01 GMT (UK) »
They will appear as hints to others though.

The forum community are hoping that Ancestry set up a tagging system I.e. you tag someone as "Brick Wall" and then searching on the tag wil bring up a list of all the people you have given the same tag. These tags would be excluded from the hints

However, they've been hoping for a good while now...

Your wish has come true.
Ancestry home page>Extras>Ancestry Lab>MyTreeTags beta

Reviewed here -

https://thednageek.com/ancestrys-mytreetags/

I have only tagged a few people so far as an experiment, but seems to work quite well.

Regards Margaret
STEER, mainly Surrey, Kent; PINNOCKS/HAINES, Gosport, Hants; BARKER, mainly Broadwater, Sussex; Gosport, Hampshire; LAVERSUCH, Micheldever, Hampshire; WESTALL, London, Reading, Berks; HYDE, Croydon, Surrey; BRIGDEN, Hadlow, Kent and London; TUTHILL/STEPHENS, London
WILKINSON, Leeds, Yorkshire and Liverpool; WILLIAMSON, Liverpool; BEARE, Yeovil, Somerset; ALLEN, Kent and London; GORST, Liverpool; HOYLE, mainly Leeds, Yorkshire

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.go