Author Topic: Does 4 Angels Row, All Saints, Worcester still exist?  (Read 10379 times)

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Grandfather, Frank William Gomm
    • View Profile
Re: Does 4 Angels Row, All Saints, Worcester still exist?
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 06 March 18 11:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi There

I cant understand this as I sent you a posting saying exactly where Angel Row is (as it still exists) & my posting has not shown up on these pages - I will repeat from memory what I can - Angel Row runs down the side of a large shopping centre in Worcester & all that is there is the Worcester bus station so I would say that all the dwellings have gone & if not they are very well disguised as when Im on holiday in the City of my birth I catch a bus in Angel Row every week.

All the very best

Phil
Worcestershire - Heeks, Maiden, Pinchin, Hartland, Tredwell, Holliday, Morton, Collins, Aldington, Saunders
Oxfordshire - Gomm, Hamblet, Austin, Winter,
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell
Gloucestershire - Holliday, Pinchin

Offline stanmapstone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 10 March 18 12:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Stan

The reply I was referring to was one I made after the posting you directed me to but made on the same day that one was so god knows where it vanished to & I thought I was helping as I do know Worcester rather well

All the best

Phil
Worcestershire - Heeks, Maiden, Pinchin, Hartland, Tredwell, Holliday, Morton, Collins, Aldington, Saunders
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 17 March 18 11:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi Barbera

Re the Ariel map Stan sent you a link to - you can clearly see Angel Row on it but the car park it looks as though it leads to is the very top story of the Crowngate Shopping Centre & if you walk on the street level down Angel Row you are in Worcester Bus Station & there are no private dwellings there.

All the very best

Phil
born in Worcester City 1944
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell

Offline stanmapstone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 17 March 18 13:25 GMT (UK) »
This  is a photograph at ground level looking towards Angel Street https://goo.gl/maps/5czcqb2imC32

Stan

Offline Emjaybee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Yer I be again
    • View Profile
Beard Voyce, Scrivens in Worcestershire

Offline Emjaybee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Yer I be again
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 24 March 18 16:09 GMT (UK) »
Beard Voyce, Scrivens in Worcestershire

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 31 March 18 10:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Barbera

Im about to eat humble pie.

The other night I looked at a very detailed map I have for Worcester City & to my amazement see that the part of Worcester where I catch busses & I was sure was Angel Row is not, but Angel Row is a walkway that runs virtually parallel to the where Angel Row is marked on Google Maps that you were referred to earlier by Stan if I remember right, so the map he told you about is wrong.  I would imagine you could see part of Angel Row if you go to Google streetview where you can walk the streets - if you ask for Angel Street & walk down it towards the bus station you are going in the right direction - now back track to the right hand corner of Angel Street & Angel Place you should then be able to look over the road & see the entrance to Angel Row but I doubt you will be able to walk up there as I don't think cars are allowed unless you have business up there - so its pedestrians or push bikes - Ive walked up here many times to get to the HIVE & I remember that there is at least on house up there but have not paid much attention to it but it looks fairly modern at a quick glance.  I will have a better look when Im in Worcester next month

All the very best

Phil
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell

Offline stanmapstone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 31 March 18 13:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Barbera

Im about to eat humble pie.

The other night I looked at a very detailed map I have for Worcester City & to my amazement see that the part of Worcester where I catch busses & I was sure was Angel Row is not, but Angel Row is a walkway that runs virtually parallel to the where Angel Row is marked on Google Maps that you were referred to earlier by Stan if I remember right, so the map he told you about is wrong.

All the very best

Phil

Do you mean the 1886 map I linked to https://www.old-maps.co.uk/#/Map/384809/255054/13/100390 if so it clearly shows Angel Row. If you keep zooming  out you get the modern map.

Stan