Author Topic: Emigration to Canada  (Read 5272 times)

Offline eda

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Emigration to Canada
« on: Tuesday 27 February 18 15:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi I am trying to find relatives that went to Canada not sure of dates but most likely 30s ,,can someone who maybe has managed this give me a few pointers thanks eda ,they lived in Stockport cheshire ,.thanks eda
heywood Lancashire  stubbs ,macclesfeild cheshire
winstanley ,  brown, gatley ,mitchel ( milligan/mulligan Blackburn Prescot prestwich Mayo and swineford area )dwyer, Harrison birkenhead and ireland

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Emigration to Canada
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 27 February 18 15:18 GMT (UK) »
1830's or 1930's  :-\
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 27 February 18 15:24 GMT (UK) »
If you would like to give us some names (as long as they are deceased) we can have a look for you. Privacy laws are quite strict in Canada, there is no BMD index so it makes research just a little difficult.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline eda

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 27 February 18 15:25 GMT (UK) »
Ha 1930 just never had to look other country's before ,l havnt access to ancestry so don't no where to start. Thankyou
winstanley ,  brown, gatley ,mitchel ( milligan/mulligan Blackburn Prescot prestwich Mayo and swineford area )dwyer, Harrison birkenhead and ireland

Offline eda

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 27 February 18 15:29 GMT (UK) »
,I've only just discovered that maybe the whole family went , names are  Mary cooper ,John cooper with children James Gertrude Hilda Mary ,,do you need births and dates  thankyou

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 27 February 18 15:34 GMT (UK) »
,I've only just discovered that maybe the whole family went , names are  Mary cooper ,John cooper with children James Gertrude Hilda Mary ,,do you need births and dates  thankyou

Birth years would be handy.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline eda

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 27 February 18 16:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sandra l will have to get back to you looking st my copy 1911 census not all children survived ,.sorry to waste your time will have another look .thankyou eda

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 27 February 18 16:19 GMT (UK) »
Are they connected to this Cooper family we searched in February 2012  ???

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=583975.msg4353543#msg4353543

Sandra

Offline eda

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 27 February 18 16:49 GMT (UK) »
Yes they are ,🙄  Didn't realise I'd asked this before my grey cells are depleting faster than l thought ,,,m going back to my first thought it was one of the children that emigrated to Canada not the parents ,,so it could be anyone of four sons , understand if you cannot help as l see you gave been busy trying to find my first request  thankyou eda