Author Topic: Murphy family in Baileborough  (Read 2952 times)

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile

Offline Nicky Corbett

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Murphy family in Baileborough
« Reply #11 on: Friday 02 March 18 10:19 GMT (UK) »
Thank you, i will look into these links
Murphy, Lynch, Lewis, Corbett, Bell

Offline Tom Kearney

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Murphy family in Baileborough
« Reply #12 on: Friday 08 May 20 03:13 BST (UK) »
I'm familiar with the Ellen Lynch from Relaghmore that you mention.  Her father, John Lynch, was known as "The Fly."  By extension his family was also "the Fly."  Ellen was born in 1894, the same year as my grandmother Agnes Brady who lived on the farm next to the Lynches.  The Lynch Farm came to them through the wife of John.  She was Mary Brady and was the daughter of Bernard Brady who had gotten the farm from his own father, Charles Brady.  The deed records show the change in names very clearly.  Bernard Brady was the brother of Terence Brady (therefore also a son of Charles Brady).  Terence was married to Bridget Smith and they had a son Anthony Brady who was my great-grandfather.  Terence died very young and Bridget married again -- to a Thomas Heery.  She and then her Brady son, Anthony, inherited the Heery farm.  That's where my grandmother and her 9 siblings grew up.  It remained in Brady family until the 1950's, when it was auctioned for taxes.  The Bernard Brady/John Lynch farm remained in the Lynch family for several years after 1900.  You can see these people on my tree at https://www.ancestry.com/family-tree/tree/8878018/family/familyview?cfpid=162167835226