Author Topic: William GADD and Elizabeth - SMI/birth record help  (Read 814 times)

Offline britanyj

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William GADD and Elizabeth - SMI/birth record help
« on: Monday 05 March 18 19:05 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to figure out which record is true concerning the wife of an ancestor. Below is what I have found.

William GADD b. abt 1759 in Brede/Birdham, Sussex, England
Wife: Elizabeth (GIBBS or RUSSELL) b. 1759 or 1761 or 1766 in Brede, Sussex, England or Southwick, Hampshire, England or Sydney, Australia
Marriage: 18 JUN 1783 in Birdham/Brede, Sussex, England or Southwick, Hampshire, England or Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

On different family trees I have searched, they have varying combinations of Elizabeth listed above, all showing marriage to William GADD and having some if not all their children as well (firstborn was 1785/1786). The only indexed record I can find is an Elizabeth RUSSELL m. 18 JUN 1783 Birdham, Sussex, England to William GADD. Currently, my tree shows an Elizabeth GIBBS b. 1761 in Sussex, m. 1783 in Sussex/Hampshire to William GADD, but there is no attached record to prove it and the same Elizabeth is linked to another marriage (1788 to William Simmonds) that does not make sense.

I was hoping for help in verifying any marriage of William GADD and/or births of Elizabeth GIBBS/RUSSELL in Sussex. Thank you!

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: William GADD and Elizabeth - SMI/birth record help
« Reply #1 on: Monday 05 March 18 20:33 GMT (UK) »
deleted

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 05 March 18 20:43 GMT (UK) »
Well I better put the links back
Images of the 1783 marriage bond and allegation
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HY-6SX3-NSD?i=1436&cat=602016

BT of Birdham marriage
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HT-6824-QWZ?i=460&cat=62935

Offline britanyj

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 05 March 18 21:19 GMT (UK) »
Thank you SO MUCH for your help, jonw65!! I thought since there were three places I was questioning, I should post to the three location sites. I did not know I should only post once. I am sincerely sorry!! I greatly appreciate your help in finding those records!!! I couldn't have asked for more! Those records were exactly the evidence I was hoping to find and couldn't on my own. I was not able to reply until now, so I apologize if I offended! Again, thank you very, very much!!!

Offline britanyj

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 05 March 18 21:52 GMT (UK) »
THANK YOU!!!