Author Topic: Ancestry Hints help please  (Read 1401 times)

Offline warpo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Ancestry Hints help please
« on: Tuesday 06 March 18 00:06 GMT (UK) »
If you ignore a hint on a person, does it permanently get ignored.

I have a couple who had a child that died at a year old, 8 years later they renamed a son with the same name as the one that passed away.

The hints for the child that survived, included birth, bapt etc for the child that passed away. So if I ignore for this child, will the hints still appear for the other child or because I ignored it once, will it be ignored for everyone?

Am I making sence?

Many thanks in advance,
Hides; Wilmore; Whitney; Laughton; Lambley; Bampton; Cox; Kirk; Major; Heathorn; Bailiss

Offline jaybelnz

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Runaway Bride! Thanks to Paula Too!
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestry Hints help please
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 06 March 18 00:45 GMT (UK) »
When you tick ignore, it still stays in the "Ignored" hints section of the profile page pertaining to the person the hint is referring to.  There are 3 boxes, -  Undecided hints, Ignored hints  and Accepted hints!  They're all kept. Unless it's a totally nutty hint ( and there are plenty of those) or a record you already have attached, I would personally stick with "Undecided" then you can be doubly sure you won't lose them!

Hope that's helpful for you!

"We analyse the evidence to draw a conclusion. The better the sources and information, the stronger the evidence, which leads to a reliable conclusion!" Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.

MATHEWS, Ireland, England, USA & Canada, NZ
FLEMING,   Ireland
DUNNELL,  England
PAULSON,  England
DOUGLAS, Scotland, Ireland, NZ
WALKER,   Scotland
WATSON,  England, Ayrshire, Scotland, NZ
McAUGHTRIE, Ayrshire, Scotland, NZ
MASON,     Scotland, England, NZ
& Connections

Offline Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 06 March 18 08:43 GMT (UK) »
You don't have to save the hint to the person against whom ancestry shows it so if you don't have that info for the deceased child click on save where the hint currently is and you get three options.
 Obviously the first is to save to the person ancestry have identified but secondly you can choose to save to someone else in your tree.  If you click that one you get the option to pick someone else from a list so you can save to that someone else without saving to the person ancestry suggests.

An ignored hint never goes away, it just sits in the ignored box and doesn't show again for that person.  If you decide you wanted it you have to go and retrieve it.

Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire

Offline warpo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 13 March 18 23:19 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your replies.
Hides; Wilmore; Whitney; Laughton; Lambley; Bampton; Cox; Kirk; Major; Heathorn; Bailiss