Author Topic: James Stewart alias Forster of Rathmoran, Co Fermanagh  (Read 1264 times)

Offline johnforster

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
James Stewart alias Forster of Rathmoran, Co Fermanagh
« on: Tuesday 06 March 18 01:16 GMT (UK) »
He is mentioned in a PRONI document. T/700  dated 3Jan1721 concerning Capt.James Stewart of Killymoon, Co Tyrone. It names his issue living  and his eldest daughter Jane is married to James Stewart alias Forster, Gent. who has taken the name of Stewart  etc.
Another document which is a deed of conveyance Memorial No.27326 dated 11Dec1724 where Capt.James Stewartof killymoon leases to James Stewart alias Forster of Rathmoran,Gent. premises in Drummuck,Manor of Corrigan, Co Tyrone.  etc.      Witnessed by his father John Forster of Rathmoran,Gent.
In Aghalurcher graveyard not far from Rathmoran there is a tombstone erected by John Forster of Rathmoran in memory of his beloved father James Foster who was killed in his majesties service King William 1689 (possibly died at the Battle of N.T.Butler).
I believe that John who erected this gravestone could be the same John Forster of Rathmoran who witnessed the earlier mentioned deed of conveyance. Also James Stewart alias Forster of Rathmoran was grandson of the James interred.
I may be wrong but I was hoping the Stewart’s of Killymoon may have other dusty doc’s that could be relevant . Is there anyone out there who could shed more light on this Tyrone connection please ?
John Forster.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline johnforster

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Stewart alias Forster of Rathmoran, Co Fermanagh
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 23 February 20 12:40 GMT (UK) »
Whoops
Sorry Aghadowey
🤭