Author Topic: Rootsweb on Ancestry - Good news!  (Read 939 times)

Offline goldie61

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Rootsweb on Ancestry - Good news!
« on: Tuesday 06 March 18 21:06 GMT (UK) »
Message today re Rootsweb which has been off-line for some time.
http://home.rootsweb.ancestry.com/

Update: March 6, 2018
We have some good news on our progress to bring RootsWeb back online. As of today, the RootsWeb mailing lists are now available to use, meaning you can now send and receive email on RootsWeb email lists just like you used to in the past. In addition to making the site more secure, we’ve upgraded our backend system to provide an easier-to-use interface to manage your email list subscriptions

So they are starting to get it back on-line. It looks like not everything yet, but they have made a  start. Good news as there were some really helpful sites on there that some people had spent years putting together to help others.
Lane, Burgess: Cheshire. Finney, Rogers, Gilman:Derbys
Cochran, Nicol, Paton, Bruce:Scotland. Bertolle:London
Bainbridge, Christman, Jeffs: Staffs

Offline jaybelnz

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Runaway Bride! Thanks to Paula Too!
    • View Profile
Re: Rootsweb on Ancestry - Good news!
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 07 March 18 01:14 GMT (UK) »
Rootsweb were the first message boards I used, as a newbie, about 15 years ago.  After just a week I found an old message enquiring about someone's grandfather!  That grandfather was my grandfather's brother!  I nearly fell off my chair in excitement!  I emailed the poster, who was in Wiltshire.  That connection began my journey into my Mathews heritage, and also a long term friendship with a new relative. 

My relative had never been able to find his grandfather's birthdate, and finally, just a few weeks ago, Polar Bear, a Rootschatter on here, came up with his birth information.  WONDERFUL!!  Although my relative had passed away just over a year ago, the rest of his family were overjoyed that the information had at last been found!   

ROOTSWEB - ROOTSCHAT -  LUVYA ALL! 💞💞
"We analyse the evidence to draw a conclusion. The better the sources and information, the stronger the evidence, which leads to a reliable conclusion!" Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.

MATHEWS, Ireland, England, USA & Canada, NZ
FLEMING,   Ireland
DUNNELL,  England
PAULSON,  England
DOUGLAS, Scotland, Ireland, NZ
WALKER,   Scotland
WATSON,  England, Ayrshire, Scotland, NZ
McAUGHTRIE, Ayrshire, Scotland, NZ
MASON,     Scotland, England, NZ
& Connections