Author Topic: John Waller Emigration to Canada 1912  (Read 3147 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: John Waller Emigration to Canada 1912
« Reply #36 on: Sunday 10 April 22 20:41 BST (UK) »

PM sent with other information you were looking for. Hope this helps.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Jack Douglas

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 24 August 22 16:19 BST (UK) »
Time flies and I've been so busy with work on the acreage. 

After finishing his degrees my son who is a pianist has decided that he wants to live in London and so is applying for a resident visa based on his grandfather John Henry Waller being born in England.

As per this thread and from elsewhere I believe we had sufficient evidence that John Henry Johnson, born with no mention of the father's name became John Henry Waller, travelling with John Waller to Canada.  There is, in my opinion plenty of circumstantial evidence for the application but Kerry is worried so I've wondered/tried to find evidence of the name change.  Is this impossible??

On a different note regarding this family tree I've been told that preceding the birth of Annie Elizabeth (Waller) Johnson there was another Annie who died at birth or shortly thereafter.  Would that likely be recorded??

Jack

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday 24 August 22 17:56 BST (UK) »

If there was another Annie, would that not have been before they were in Canada ?

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Jack Douglas

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday 24 August 22 19:05 BST (UK) »
Yes since Annie Elizabeth was 11 months when they left for Canada in 1913.  Memories fade but I'm quite sure I was told there was this death of an Annie baby.

BTW, thanks for always being so engaged and helpful!

Jack