Author Topic: Pattersons of Feakle  (Read 2709 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Pattersons of Feakle
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 13 March 18 18:27 GMT (UK) »
It really does save time and effort if you tell us what you already know and what you are trying to find.
So, what have you already found out about Jack Noonan and his grandparents, etc.?
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Clare Lass

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Pattersons of Feakle
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 13 March 18 18:39 GMT (UK) »
The problem is we don't know who Betty married or where she was married. Whether it was in Feakle & came to Killaloe from there or whether she married in Killaloe. I'm not certain what line in the family Betty comes from, whether it's the Father or the Mother's side of the family. I can't find anything about Jack's maternal Grandmother except on the census it says she was born in Tipperary. I'm assuming Betty is linked through the Noonan side because the Pattersons were nailers. My Grandfather, and Great Grandfather Noonan were all Nailers.. So this is what I know, My Grandfather Francis Noonan was a Nailer, born in 1871 in Killaloe, his father John Noonan was a Nailer, born 1841, John married a Mary Anne Kinsella, and from what I can gather the Kinsellas were Nailers too. But I can't find anything from 1841 back. We have been told that the Noonans originally came from the Bodyke area but that's just word of mouth, we're not sure about that either.