Author Topic: Plattsburgh, NY cemetery listings  (Read 669 times)

Offline Genealiza

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Plattsburgh, NY cemetery listings
« on: Wednesday 14 March 18 01:20 GMT (UK) »
I'm looking for a cemetery listing for an Ann Supple Crowley who died in Plattsburgh, NY, 22 Jan 1888.  She was living with her daughter on Catherine street at the time of her death.  Her obituary mentions that she married an Irishman, Thomas Crowley, in Ireland and eventually made her way to Plattsburgh.  I've found a St. Peter's cemetery also on Catherine street, and thought she might be interred there.  If anyone has Plattsburgh cemetery books, I'd appreciate a look-up.

Offline RJ137

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Plattsburgh, NY cemetery listings
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 14 March 18 15:13 GMT (UK) »
Another possibility maybe Riverside Cemetery.

https://secure.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=cr&CRid=65808

I see from Ann's obit that her two youngest daughters Margaret Crossley & Sarah Thomas also lived in Plattsburgh, NY and she was living with daughter Margaret as you mentioned.

I didn't find an obit for Margaret, but did find an obit and funeral notice for daughter Sarah Thomas in Oct. 1921. The notice stated interment was to be in Riverside Cemetery. Sarah isn't listed on Find A Grave as being buried there, but I did notice Sarah's daughter Margaret Ann (Thomas) McIlwaine whom she was living at the time of death is buried there.

Offline Genealiza

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Plattsburgh, NY cemetery listings
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 14 March 18 18:47 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your reply, R J.  I've also found evidence of a grandchild being buried in St. Peter's Cemetery, so for now, I'll hope that someone with cemetery books might be able to help.  My interest is in Anna's obit.  It is one of the most detailed (if the stories are not fabricated) that I've come across and I'd love to be able to add her and the obit to findagrave.