Author Topic: Leticia Hamilton [centre] & her sisters from County Fermanagh, Northern Ireland.  (Read 4062 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Leticia Hamilton [centre] & her sisters from County Fermanagh, Northern Ireland.
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 15 March 18 21:28 GMT (UK) »
They could have been married after March 1943.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Leticia Hamilton [centre] & her sisters from County Fermanagh, Northern Ireland.
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 15 March 18 21:45 GMT (UK) »
But if the youngest one had a child in 1924, the post 1943 marriages would seem a bit late.  Also, they were supposed to have died in their 20s so, if it is them, they would have been dead by 1943.

Leticia Hamilton, her grandmother was the girl in the middle of the picture.  She also told me that her mother was born in 1924. Therefore, I was hoping that the photo was dated in the early 1920's and that the girls looked like they were in their late teens.
My cousin couldn't provide any information on dates but did say that Leticia married James Martin and that her mother's name was Leticia Martin who died in 2015 age 91.
Tragically, the other girls in the picture died in their twenties, both having married.  Their husbands names were, Noble and Robb.

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 15 March 18 22:21 GMT (UK) »
If Leticia Martin born 1924 and died in 2015 aged 91years and she is the middle girl, then if she was 14 in the photo, that dates the photo to around 1936, if I understand you correctly.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 15 March 18 22:26 GMT (UK) »
I was going by that also, Treetotal.

Have now checked GRONI's database for marriages 1918-1924, in addition to the earlier 1936-1943 search and these are only results between a Hamilton and Robb/Noble/Martin-

William Hamilton m.(5 June 1919 Strabane district) ? Robb
Minnie Hamilton m.(1 June 1922 Fermanagh district) Matthew Robb
Agnes Hamilton m.(10 July 1924 Belfast) William Martin
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 15 March 18 22:29 GMT (UK) »
No, if you read what Bazz says, it was her daughter who died in 2015 - born 1924.

Leticia Hamilton, her (Bazz's cousin)  grandmother was the girl in the middle of the picture.  She also told me that her mother was born in 1924....... My cousin couldn't provide any information on dates but did say that Leticia married James Martin and that her (the cousin) mother's name was Leticia Martin who died in 2015 age 91.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 15 March 18 22:35 GMT (UK) »
This is how I read it:

Leticia =James Martin
I
Leticia Martin b. 1924 d 2015
I
cousin

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 15 March 18 22:37 GMT (UK) »
another relevant piece from Bazz:

a second cousin in Northern Ireland who told me that Leticia Hamilton, her grandmother was the girl in the middle of the picture.  She also told me that her mother was born in 1924. Therefore, I was hoping that the photo was dated in the early 1920's and that the girls looked like they were in their late teens.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 15 March 18 22:45 GMT (UK) »
My point is that the date of the photo and age of the middle girl fits with Leticia Martin, his cousin's Mother rather than Leticia Hamilton.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 15 March 18 22:47 GMT (UK) »
Yes - that would fit the info that Bazza has.

We need to know if the cousin's mother had two sisters - but surely the cousin would know what her own mother looked like  ???