Author Topic: Leticia Hamilton [centre] & her sisters from County Fermanagh, Northern Ireland.  (Read 4091 times)

Offline bigbazza

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Leticia Hamilton [centre] & her sisters from County Fermanagh, Northern Ireland.
« Reply #36 on: Sunday 18 March 18 17:01 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Carol and Aghadowey for cheering me up!  I don't know how to tell you this - I've got another photo! :o  I'll post it tomorrow....

Baz.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Leticia Hamilton [centre] & her sisters from County Fermanagh, Northern Ireland.
« Reply #37 on: Sunday 18 March 18 17:20 GMT (UK) »
Great....I'll look forward to that...this will make you smile...
Some time ago...a lady posted a Carte de Visite photo on here looking for a date for her Great, Great Grandma's photo...it was a photo of a young Queen Victoria and the lady had a hard time getting to grips with why her ancestors would have a photo of the Queen in a collection of family photos, but people did swap and collect photos.  ;D ;D
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline bigbazza

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Monday 19 March 18 15:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone,
My second cousin Caroline identified her grandfather, James Martin [far right].  James married Leticia Hamilton in 1908 when she was 19 and he was 36.  This means that James was born in 1872 and the photo was taken no later than 1880 I should think.  The other children in the photo are James' brothers and sister, Andrew, William and Elizabeth according to Caroline.
The reverse of the photo is a post card with "for correspondence" on the left and "addressee only" on the right.  Can you say if Caroline is right, or wrong yet again?  How old are the children and can the flower in the lapels be identified?  [hope they're not daff's]. :-\
Baz.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Monday 19 March 18 15:35 GMT (UK) »
Does it have a horizontal line between address and for correspondence?

Added -meant vertical!  :-X
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline bigbazza

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Monday 19 March 18 15:44 GMT (UK) »
It has a centralized T 1.5cm x 1.5cm. Gadget.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Monday 19 March 18 15:49 GMT (UK) »
If it has what's called a divided back,  it was 1902 or later:

https://www.oldpostcards4sale.co.uk/pages/history-of-postcards-in-the-uk-potted-version

Wait for Carol to confirm - she's a whizz and PCs  :)

Oh dear, Baz  :-\

Gadget

Sorry I'm having trouble with my typing - !
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Monday 19 March 18 16:10 GMT (UK) »
Oh Baz...Sorry but this isn't who you think...as Gadget has already poited out...the divided back postcard was first introduced in the UK in 1902 and 1907 in America...sorry to be the bearer of bad news again but this is the next generation.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Monday 19 March 18 16:28 GMT (UK) »
Not too sure but it could be 1920s or even 1930s going by their clothes.

Gadget

Offline bigbazza

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Monday 19 March 18 16:31 GMT (UK) »
Could it be a reprint of an older photo Carol?  Does anyone have an opinion on the style & era of the children's clothing and the type of flower in the lapels?