Author Topic: CALLADINE - Derby  (Read 4084 times)

Offline rjohno89

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
CALLADINE - Derby
« on: Thursday 15 March 18 23:24 GMT (UK) »
Hello

I've recently started looking into my family history and I can't seem to find much information on my paternal grandmother's side. Her name is Patricia (born Calladine 1935, now Johnson) and her siblings were Brian, Terence (b.1945 I think), Agnes, Lily, Phillip, George and Tommy/Thomas. Parents were Phillip and Lily (nee White if I've been given correct info so far). They lived in the West End of Derby during the 1930's and 1940's.

I'm trying to find any information at all on any further relatives but I'm also trying to find information on a car accident that happened in the late 1960's or early 1970's. Terence Calladine, his wife Eileen and Brian Calladine were killed along with Brian's children, Martin and Michelle. Brian's wife, Valerie survived and is still living as far as I am aware. The accident happened in France whilst they were on holiday and it was September, although I'm not 100% sure on the year.

If anybody has any information I'd be really grateful and please let me know if I need to provide any more info myself. I'm very new to this so I don't really know where to look!

Thank you in advance
Rhianna

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
Re: CALLADINE - Derby
« Reply #1 on: Friday 16 March 18 01:42 GMT (UK) »
You say the mother's surname was White....yet the birth reg gives it as Bradbury?

First name(s)   PATRICIA
Last name   CALLADINE
Birth year   1935
Birth quarter   3
Registration month   -
Mother's last name   Bradbury
District   Derby
County   Derbyshire
Country   England
Volume   7B
Page   898
Record set   England & Wales Births 1837-2006
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 16 March 18 01:45 GMT (UK) »

First name(s)   PHILIP
Last name   CALLADINE
Marriage quarter   4
Marriage year   1919
Registration month   -
MarriageFinder™   PHILIP CALLADINE married
Lilian Bradbury
Spouse's last name   Bradbury
District   Derby
District number   -
County   Derbyshire
Country   England
Volume   7B
Volume as transcribed   7B
Page number   1761
Record set   England & Wales Marriages 1837-2005
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 16 March 18 01:47 GMT (UK) »

First name(s)   TERENCE W
Last name   CALLADINE
Birth year   1930
Birth quarter   4
Registration month   -
Mother's last name   Bradbury
District   Derby
County   Derbyshire
Country   England
Volume   7B
Page   933
Record set   England & Wales Births

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 16 March 18 01:54 GMT (UK) »
According to newspaper reports....the crash was at a crossroads in Arras,,France in 1968,when thier car and caravan was in a collision with a lorry.

Those killed were..William Terence Calladine age 38...his wife Eileen aged 37 of Willesden avenue,Derby.And thier niece and nephew Michelle Calladine age 3,,,and her brother Martin age 14.

Offline rjohno89

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 16 March 18 04:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi, thank you so much, this is brilliant.

I didn't know if White was correct, it was the only record I could find. Can I ask where you found all this please? I honestly couldn't find a thing except a bare minimum record that turned out to be wrong and nothing at all on the crash.

Thank you

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 16 March 18 23:09 GMT (UK) »
The very brief newspaper reports were on findmypast. The births and marriage details I also found on FindMyPast.

Offline juneoates1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 29 January 19 20:14 GMT (UK) »
Patricia Calladine/Johnson is my partner's auntie he is Agnes's son?
COYLE, CLEARY - Tonashammer, Hilltown, County Westmeath. Ireland.
CONNELL, GIBNEY, WRIGHT - Ballyjamesduff, Dungimmon, County Caven, Ireland.
OATES, CARR - Rotherham/Swinton, Yorkshire

Offline Newfloridian

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • MENE INTUS ET IN CUTE NOVISTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 31 January 19 09:29 GMT (UK) »
Interested to know how far back you have traced your Calladine family so far. We have 39 Calladines in our database, mainly spread between South Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire but not sure that our paths cross!.

I would suspect your family were living in a house on the corner of Bridge Street and Brook Street, Derby at the outbreak of WWII

Hope that helps

Alan
Leicester / Northampton: Craxford,  Claypole, Pridmore, Pollard, Tansley, Crane, Tilley
Derby: Naylor, Ball, Haywood
Buckinghamshire: Cook
London: Craxford, Lane Crauford
Tyneside: Nessworthy, Simpson