Author Topic: Moorhead Family from Carlisle  (Read 1500 times)

Offline GarryMcCallum

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Moorhead Family from Carlisle
« on: Saturday 17 March 18 09:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Folks,

I am researching my Moorhead family from Calewgate in Carlisle. They were a rough bunch who appeared in various newspaper articles for fighting, poaching and witnessing deaths, so this tells you what they were like.

I am descended from Thomas Moorhead, who was born in Scotland but lived at Carlisle. His wife was called Elizabeth ?? My 3rd Great Grandfather was called Edward Moorhead and his wife was Mary Foster. My 2 X Great Grandparents were called Edward Moorhead & Susannah Morrison and my Great Grandad was called Joseph Moorhead.

I am trying to connect with anyone who may be related to this family of Moorheads. Please introduce yourself.

Garry McCallum.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Moorhead Family from Carlisle
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 17 March 18 09:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Welcome to RootsChat

Unfortuntely, you have posted your enquiry in the wrong place, (Please don't post requests here)   perhaps a moderator could transfer you to the Cumberland board -

Have you looked at the Public tree's on ancestry ? There are a number that might be of interest and would give you contacts.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada