Author Topic: Illegitimate Birth  (Read 3638 times)

Offline poirot

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Illegitimate Birth
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 18 March 18 20:13 GMT (UK) »
As I live in Cheshire a visit to Edinburgh is not possible so I will have to wait until the records become available on Scotlands People.

I no longer have any family members living in Scotland even though the family grave is in Lossiemouth and contain my fathers ashes.

Poirot
brown,henshaw in cheshire,berry,dowding,phillips in gloucester, littlejohn,arkle,nicol in aberdeenshire.

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 18 March 18 20:36 GMT (UK) »
I have to sit and study this....

Cos I have a William Keir  married to my Margaret Sutherland in 1807 Edinburgh...

doubtful link

but interesting..

xin

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 18 March 18 20:55 GMT (UK) »
I have a William Keir  married to my Margaret Sutherland in 1807 Edinburgh...
about 60 years earlier and at the other end of the country - not likely to be directly connected ;)
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 18 March 18 21:38 GMT (UK) »
I have a William Keir  married to my Margaret Sutherland in 1807 Edinburgh...
about 60 years earlier and at the other end of the country - not likely to be directly connected ;)

I know / knew but there may have been 23.5 centimorgans shared across 2 DNA segments

:)   

sorry   :(

going now

xin

Offline poirot

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 19 March 18 18:21 GMT (UK) »
I may be being a bit thick here but how do you search on LIBINDX.

I enter all the information and can't see a search button. When I click on search records the information I entered was cleared.

I was looking for Jane Bremner's grave which I know is in Dundurcas cemetery, Rothes plot DU42.

She was formerly Jane Robertson the mother of Jessie and was married to Alexander Bremner.

Poirot
brown,henshaw in cheshire,berry,dowding,phillips in gloucester, littlejohn,arkle,nicol in aberdeenshire.

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 19 March 18 18:30 GMT (UK) »
I may be being a bit thick here but how do you search on LIBINDX.
I enter all the information and can't see a search button. When I click on search records the information I entered was cleared.
Try entering less information.

I put in just 'Bremner' and 'Robertson' and clicked on 'Search Records' and it found Jane and one other person.

I also tried putting in just 'Du42' in the headstone field, and it found all the 9 people recorded on that stone.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline poirot

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 19 March 18 20:08 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that but for some reason it is still not working for me.

When I just entered the plot number and search records there is a list of 9 cemeteries.

I select no 8 which is Dundurcas and I don't get any further.

What am I doing wrong?

Poirot

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 19 March 18 20:26 GMT (UK) »
When I just entered the plot number and search records there is a list of 9 cemeteries.
I select no 8 which is Dundurcas and I don't get any further.
What am I doing wrong?
I don't know, but what I did was go to People Search and just put Du42 in the box where it says headstone ref, then click on Search Records.

Offline poirot

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 19 March 18 21:24 GMT (UK) »
Success at last!

Must have been something to do with trying to view them on my iPad. Just kept going round in circles.

9 members of the family in one plot seems a bit extreme but good for me.

I have requested a photo on findagrave so hope someone can take it for me.

Thanks a lot for your help 👍