Author Topic: Help to find burials 1769 to 1800 please  (Read 798 times)

Offline GRO10a852

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Help to find burials 1769 to 1800 please
« on: Sunday 18 March 18 15:17 GMT (UK) »
I have the following sequence (see below) of records from the parish registers (from the FreeReg website) of Newton Flotman, Saxlingham Nethergate,  and Mulbarton. It is not a complete sequence of events but concentrates on an Edward Audley who appears to have had 4 children baptised with the name Edward by two of his 3 wives.

The difficulty is I cannot find the burial of his second wife (formerly Mary Baddery (or Buddry) ) or the burial of any his children called Edward. Can anybody help?

The sequence of records are as follows:

Baptism 24th March At St Mary Newton Flotman Rhoda Parents Edward & Elizabeth Audly (sic)

Baptism 17th December 1769 At St Mary, Saxlingham Nethergate Edward  Parents Edward & Elizabeth Audley

Burial 8th May 1771 At Mulbarton, Elizabeth Audley the wife of Edward Audley of Saxlingham
{Burial of first wife}

Marriage 5th July 1771 At St Mary, Saxlingham Nethergate Edward Audley a widower  married Mary Baddery (or Buddry) a single woman of Mulbarton
{Second marriage}

Marriage 22nd March 1772 At Mulbarton Edward Audley a widower of Saxlingham married Elizabeth Sayer a single woman of Mulbarton
{Third marriage}

Baptism 27th December 1772 At St Mary, Saxlingham Nethergate Edward  Parents Edward & Elizabeth Audley

Baptism 6th December 1776 At St Mary, Saxlingham Nethergate Edward  Parents Edward & Elizabeth Audley

Baptism 20th February 1785 At St Mary, Saxlingham Nethergate Edward  Parents Edward Audley & Elizabeth Audley Sayers

Many thanks in anticipation of your help

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help to find burials 1769 to 1800 please
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 18 March 18 16:41 GMT (UK) »
Unfortunately I can't find the deaths of the children but I have found

Edward Audley buried 27 March 1803 Saxlingham Nethergate aged 64

Elizabeth Audley buried 25 May 1817 Saxlingham Nethergate aged 68

Sorry if you have these alrerady.

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline GRO10a852

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Help to find burials 1769 to 1800 please
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 18 March 18 20:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi emelton,

Thanks for your reply Yes I hae seen those two entries in the parish registers

It is the death of the children I am really after.

I am starting to wonder what percentage of the people who died at that time were buried in churchyards and whether others were buried unrecorded elsewhere in the countryside!!