Author Topic: Look up please for TAYLOR/ BLAKE 1841 Census and earlier if possible  (Read 1082 times)

Offline niseone

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Look up please for TAYLOR/ BLAKE 1841 Census and earlier if possible
« on: Saturday 06 August 05 19:21 BST (UK) »
Help needed to trace a marriage for Henry TAYLOR, b. aprox 1820, son of James and Anne. a shoemaker. Shown at St Mary Street, Bridgwater in 1851 Census.
and Anne BLAKE, born Clayhanger, Devon, aprox 1818. parents possibly John and Mary...

Henry's parents, James TAYLOR and Ann CONNYBEER, marriage 23.3.1817..
have been unable to get further back than this, any help gratefully received.. :)

thanks
Niseone
SPEAR, Liverpool
WILLIAMS, LIverpool,Poole Dorset
BURCHEL,Liv
STEVENS,Liv
TAYLOR,TURNER,HOLMAN,GILES,ASHELFORD,CONYBEER,(Bridgwater,Somerset), BLAKE,( Clayhanger, Devon)
WENNBERG, Norway/Sweden

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline alcrighton

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Look up please for TAYLOR/ BLAKE 1841 Census and earlier if possible
« Reply #2 on: Monday 08 August 05 17:42 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I've been through the marriage indexes from the start of civil registration in the Septmber quarter of 1837 to the March quarter of 1841 and there is no marriage of a Henry Taylor to an Ann or Anne Blake in any of the quarters.  Since they already appear to be married in the 1841 census (Anne is recorded as Ann Taylor in this census) I can think of 3 possibilities:

1. Henry & Anne were married before July 1837 (This would mean looking through parish records - difficult since we don't know where they were married)
2. Either Henry or Ann was a middle name and the marriage is registered under another name
3. Ann was not in fact Anne Blake (where did you find out Ann's maiden name?)

What do you think of these possibilities?

Regards,

Allan
Crighton, Dundee & London<br />Woodgates, Bath, Devon & London<br />Curtis, Nottinghamshire & Islington<br />Maker, Cornwall & London<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline niseone

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 08 August 05 19:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Allan, thanks for taking this onboard!

Anne Blake shown on her youngerst son Edwin's birth certificate. ( my GGrandfather).

Anne shown in church record in Clayhanger, baptism, 1813. Which seems too early for her ages in census returns..... few Blakes shown in book..

4th possibility , perhaps they were living over the brush!!?  :o

She is a mystery!

Denise     :)
SPEAR, Liverpool
WILLIAMS, LIverpool,Poole Dorset
BURCHEL,Liv
STEVENS,Liv
TAYLOR,TURNER,HOLMAN,GILES,ASHELFORD,CONYBEER,(Bridgwater,Somerset), BLAKE,( Clayhanger, Devon)
WENNBERG, Norway/Sweden

Offline alysa

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 17 January 16 18:45 GMT (UK) »
Are you still researching this Denise? I might have info that would help.
Palmer (Quantocks Broomsquires), Morton (Leeds), Briggs (Lancashire), Vickers, Valks (Durham), Loveless, Rich, Walford (Over Stowey).