Author Topic: Request for help at Runnymede and Brookwood Memorials  (Read 2155 times)

Offline Cemetery Crawler

• RootsChat Extra
  • Who said it would be easy?
    • View Profile
Re: Request for help at Runnymede and Brookwood Memorials
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 27 March 18 18:58 BST (UK) »
Runnymede Air Force Memorial

Panel 002.   TURNER, HERBERT HAROLD      Sergeant      Royal Air Force
Panel 011   ADAMS, PETER DAVID      Sergeant      Royal Air Force
Panel 012.   COLLIER, RALPH         Sergeant      Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve
Panel 015   HOGGER, HUGH ALPHONSO      Sergeant      Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve
Panel 017.   MILLER, WILLIAM ELLIOTT      Sergeant      Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve
Panel 018   RILEY, CHARLES PEACE      Sergeant      Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve
Panel 018.   RANDS, EDWARD ANTHONY GASTON   Sergeant      Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve
Panel 019.   ROWLING, GEORGE ALBERT      Sergeant      Royal Air Force
Panel 019.   SMITH, KENNETH BARTON      Sergeant      Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve
Panel 023.   JOHNSON   THOMAS FREDERICK   Leading Aircraftman   Royal Air Force
Panel 027.   JACOBSON, NORMAN      Aircraftman 2nd Class   Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve
Panel 032.   GIBSON, CLAUDE GALLIARD      Pilot Officer      Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve
Panel 043.   GOODCHILD, FRANK      Sergeant      Royal Air Force
Panel 049.   MORRIS, HYAN ALFRED      Sergeant      Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve
Panel 057.   THOMAS, ERNEST         Leading Aircraftman   Royal Air Force
Panel 079.   CARRICK, WILLIAM DONALD      Sergeant      Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve
Panel 083.   FREESTONE, THOMAS HAROLD   Sergeant      Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve
Panel 084.   GREENBECK, STANLEY      Sergeant      Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve
Panel 084.   GREGSON, NORMAN PERCY      Sergeant      Royal Air Force
Panel 090.   NORTH, RONALD         Sergeant      Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve
Panel 092.   ROWLEY, ROY         Sergeant      Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve
Panel 094.   SPROSTON, HUBERT      Sergeant      Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve
Panel 096.   WILLIAMS, JAMES ROLAND      Sergeant      Royal Air Force
Panel 123.   BAILEY, JOHN BRIAN GODFREY   Flying Officer      Royal Air Force
Panel 124.   EYLES, JOHN HENRY BENJAMIN   Flying Officer      Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve
Panel 132.   HUNTER, STANLEY         Pilot Officer      Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve
Panel 133.   SCHOLEY, ALBERT BLOOMER   Pilot Officer      Royal Air Force
Panel 141.   BALDOCK, HARRY WILLIAM      Sergeant      Royal Air Force
Panel 143.   BONNER, SIDNEY         Sergeant      Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve
Panel 151   GOSSOP, HERBERT         Sergeant      Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve
Panel 152.   HALLETT, NORMAN         Sergeant      Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve
Panel 158   MAUDSON, JOSEPH HENRY      Sergeant      Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve
Panel 162.   QUICKFALL, JOHN FRANCIS      Sergeant      Royal Air Force
Panel 164.   SHORTLAND, PETER      Sergeant      Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve
Panel 167.   TOMS, CHARLES CECIL      Sergeant      Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve
Panel 201.   BUTTERFIELD, GUY      Flight Lieutenant   Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve
Panel 211.   JENNISON, GEORGE CLIFTON   Pilot Officer      Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve
Panel 215.   BARNES, DONALD ARTHUR      Flight Sergeant      Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve
Panel 217.   DUNK, ROY         Flight Sergeant      Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve
Panel 219.   JOHNSON, REGINALD      Flight Sergeant      Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve
Panel 224.   ALLISON, EDWARD CHARLES      Sergeant      Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve
Panel 225.   BRETT, ALLAN FRANCIS      Sergeant      Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve
Panel 226.   BUTLER, KENNETH         Sergeant      Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve
Panel 227.   CLEGG, RICHARD         Sergeant      Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve
Panel 227.   COX, THOMAS HUGH      Sergeant      Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve
Panel 229.   FITCHETT, ROLAND      Sergeant      Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 28 March 18 07:53 BST (UK) »
Hopefully someone will be able to help you with this  :)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jane harrison

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 02 April 18 15:14 BST (UK) »
visited there today due to restoration work going on some areas are not accessible at the moment .
managed to do the left half but then the wind & freezing rain won the day (this area is part open & on top of a hill)
 i think you may be disappointed with the results as the marble panels only give surname & initials listed onder each .As soon as hubby transfers them to a chip for me i will start sending them to you however in the little waiting room there is about 8 folders in alphabetical order of names & a little info on the airmen a notice  above states that if books are missing or stolen can you let the commonwealth war graves commission know  phone 01628 507200 You could try & see if they will let you have the info they hold on your airmen .Next time i go to finish off your list i will try to find some of your listed men in the books

Offline macwil

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 02 April 18 15:32 BST (UK) »
visited there today due to restoration work going on some areas are not accessible at the moment .
managed to do the left half but then the wind & freezing rain won the day (this area is part open & on top of a hill)
 i think you may be disappointed with the results as the marble panels only give surname & initials listed onder each .As soon as hubby transfers them to a chip for me i will start sending them to you however in the little waiting room there is about 8 folders in alphabetical order of names & a little info on the airmen a notice  above states that if books are missing or stolen can you let the commonwealth war graves commission know  phone 01628 507200 You could try & see if they will let you have the info they hold on your airmen .Next time i go to finish off your list i will try to find some of your listed men in the books
My bold emphasis above.

I think you'll find that the info in the folders mentioned above is probably that that is on the CWGC website.

This is the result of a search for Turner, Herbert Harold on that site.
If you click on the arrow to the right of the search result for each individual it brings up some additional info.

This site may also prove of interest aircrewremembered

This is the search result for  Turner, Herbert Harold on that site. N.B. search using forename initials.
Active links are now (after 13/04/2018) indicated by bold red italics. Just click on them.
The only stupid question is the one not asked

WILSON; Lancs, Lanrks.
BERRY; Lancs.
BORASTON; Salop, Worcs,
TYLER; Salop, Herefords.

Offline jane harrison

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 02 April 18 16:31 BST (UK) »
My bold emphasis above.

I think you'll find that the info in the folders mentioned above is probably that that is on the CWGC website.

This is the result of a search for Turner, Herbert Harold on that site.
If you click on the arrow to the right of the search result for each individual it brings up some additional info.

This site may also prove of interest aircrewremembered

This is the search result for  Turner, Herbert Harold on that site. N.B. search using forename initials.
interesting .A quick glance at these as several people where searching in them at the time made me realise the hard work that had gone into these folders. it is a pity the area is so hard to get to off the beaten track & quite a walk from the nearest parking area there where a few disabled parking spots inside the grounds but at the moment taken up with several mounds of soil ,skips & a digger. A lovely well kept area both in the memorial & grounds. my remark ref just surame & initials was because the original poster stated he wanted high res photos & i thought he may have expected more detail

Offline macwil

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 02 April 18 16:46 BST (UK) »
. . .

In addition to using the person's name one may search using other criteria, such as the aircraft SERIAL No. in this case L4126, this will return a list of all the crew on the flight.
Active links are now (after 13/04/2018) indicated by bold red italics. Just click on them.
The only stupid question is the one not asked

WILSON; Lancs, Lanrks.
BERRY; Lancs.
BORASTON; Salop, Worcs,
TYLER; Salop, Herefords.

Offline Cemetery Crawler

• RootsChat Extra
  • Who said it would be easy?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 02 April 18 20:50 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your efforts in taking some of the photos in the areas available.

I would appreciate it if you could send me the photos unedited. I know there may be a lot so can i suggest using a website to send them through. I have been using it for several years to send multiple files to people. Its called 'WeTransfer'. Completely free to use. All you do is add both my and your emails and then add the files. My email is as follows (remove all the spaces)

Moderator comment: email address removed, please use the personal message system to share this information

http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php