Author Topic: Peoples Family of Rathmullan  (Read 2192 times)

Offline gpeoples

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Peoples Family of Rathmullan
« on: Saturday 24 March 18 13:02 GMT (UK) »

Hi I'm trying to trace my family heritage, which has lead me back to Rathmullan, Donegal in Ireland. I've pieced together much of my great grandfathers family (all mid to late 1800s) and great great grandfather name, DOB and marriage (early to mid 1800s) and his fathers name. All look to have been born around Rathmullan

I've hoping someone may have some clues on more information around me GG Grandfathers family and working backwards from there to his father and possibly beyond. I've scoured pretty much all the major ancestry sites, pulled a decent amount of documents on the more recent ancestors butso far can't get past this point.

I find a lot of records from the area that are 'close' but generally end up being another Peoples family with similar children names, but working back the names split off into other families.

Some info:

Great Great Great Grandfather: John Peoples Late 1700s / early 1800s??) no other information found other than his name on his sons marriage record

Great Great Grandfather: Samuel Peoples (1836, Rathmullan, Donegal) (Married to Mary Gallagher 1840 – 1901) can't find a record of siblings for Samuel, though he and Mary had 9 children as follows:

Great grandfather is Samuel Peoples (1873-1939), migrated to Glasgow 1901, married Mary McLaren) had two sons Daniel McLaren (my Grandfather) and Harry, both born in Glasgow and migrated to NZ as adults

Samuel 8 siblings were
Robert Peoples (1860)
John Peoples (1862) (migrated to Tasmania, AU late 1800s, married Elsie Smith)
James Peoples (1863-1870)
Susannah Peoples (1867)
Rebecca Peoples (1869)
Jane Peoples (1871) (married Samuel Anderson)
Henry Peoples (1878)
Eliza Mary Peoples (1881 – 1883)

Any help, clues or even a distant family connection would be greatly appreciated!

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Peoples Family of Rathmullan
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 24 March 18 13:20 GMT (UK) »
C Reg  Birth, Marriage and Death results for Peoples of Millford from 1845 to 1875

Displaying results 1 - 84 of 84. http://www.rootschat.com/links/01lst/
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 24 March 18 13:23 GMT (UK) »
 Birth, Marriage and Death results for Peoples of Milford from 1845 to 1875

Displaying results 1 - 21 of 21. http://www.rootschat.com/links/01lsu/

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 24 March 18 13:30 GMT (UK) »

Hi I'm trying to trace my family heritage, which has lead me back to Rathmullan, Donegal in Ireland. I've pieced together much of my great grandfathers family (all mid to late 1800s) and great great grandfather name, DOB and marriage (early to mid 1800s) and his fathers name. All look to have been born around Rathmullan

I've hoping someone may have some clues on more information around me GG Grandfathers family and working backwards from there to his father and possibly beyond. I've scoured pretty much all the major ancestry sites, pulled a decent amount of documents on the more recent ancestors butso far can't get past this point.

I find a lot of records from the area that are 'close' but generally end up being another Peoples family with similar children names, but working back the names split off into other families.

Some info:

Great Great Great Grandfather: John Peoples Late 1700s / early 1800s??) no other information found other than his name on his sons marriage record

Great Great Grandfather: Samuel Peoples (1836, Rathmullan, Donegal) (Married to Mary Gallagher 1840 – 1901) can't find a record of siblings for Samuel, though he and Mary had 9 children as follows:

Any help, clues or even a distant family connection would be greatly appreciated!

Are these yours??

Not living in Rathmullen but in The Bog

Offline gpeoples

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 24 March 18 13:44 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the quick response! I believe so, all of those siblings from that generation reference 'The Bog, Rathmullan' on the acenstory.com info I found, Though i'm not familiar with The Bog?

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 24 March 18 13:49 GMT (UK) »
No worries.... So you'll be looking for the Peoples Family from The Bog

Not all Images are online yet

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 24 March 18 13:58 GMT (UK) »
Are any on 1901 Census?

If so, which ones?

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 24 March 18 14:01 GMT (UK) »
None in Donegal looking for Pension

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01lsw/

Offline gpeoples

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 24 March 18 14:38 GMT (UK) »
I've struggled to find any on the 1901 Census that were conclusive as yet. Always seem to be a different family once I started identifying siblings. Closet so far is a Henry Peoples showing on the 1901 census in Cavan, Ireland as a Blacksmith, can't trace connection back though.

My great grandfather migrated from Donegal to Glasgow around 1901, The one Samuel I did find on the census  was a similar age, though based on the others in the house hold, wasn't sure. so i'm guessing he left before the census