Author Topic: KERR, Thomas and Christian DOKRAY, Ecclefechan  (Read 1220 times)

Offline waughp

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
KERR, Thomas and Christian DOKRAY, Ecclefechan
« on: Sunday 25 March 18 21:53 BST (UK) »
I have been off here for a great deal of time. Still seeking info on Thomas KERR, of Ecclefechan, who had at least two sons, John, c1738 and James, Dec 1754. John went to the US and fought for the British in Virginia, before returning to Ecclefechan. James, his brother, went to America to be with him and joined him. John m. Margaret FORSYTHE in 1783 back in Dumfriesshire. James went back with his new wife, Elizabeth BROWN and lived there shortly, where he had several daughters before moving to Nova Scotia.
After John's wife Margaret died, he married Janet MOFFAT abt 1790 and they remained in Hoddam Parish.
I thought his son John. Bapt in Hoddam 24 Mar 1793 was the same who married Mary GOWENLOCK, but I see other posts here that say that John KERR was born in 1802.
Interested in anyone who might have additional info on these folks.
Both John and James KERR, born 1738 and 1754 were said to be sons of Thomas KERR, merchant at Ecclefechan. Might it be the Thomas KERR and 1st wife Christian Dokray who were parents of John, b. 1738, and Thomas remarried after Christian died in 1750?

Pam Wood Waugh, Orlando, FL

Offline Gkerr

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: KERR, Thomas and Christian DOKRAY, Ecclefechan
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 31 May 18 00:53 BST (UK) »
I also have traced my direct ancestors  back to thomas and christian  bur ro date no further any help would be welcome