Author Topic: Looking for Pansy Irene Eltham (formerly Bradley)  (Read 1849 times)

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Pansy Irene Eltham (formerly Bradley)
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 27 March 18 10:04 BST (UK) »
The Pansy Irene Harrison was maiden name Seaby - she appears to have married Albert Victor Harrison though I can't see marriage - living Shepperton area when she dies- dtr who appears on electoral registers for Shepperton in 1949 has mmn Seaby on GRO index.

Can't find a marriage either, but there is a newspaper report of the death of a John Seaby in 1943 (I think he is Pansy's father - age and occupation match censuses). It says he had two daughters both living in Shepperton.
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 27 March 18 11:43 BST (UK) »
I wonder if your Pansy returned to India after the death of her husband
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 27 March 18 12:36 BST (UK) »
I wondered that, but Stanley, Stanley jnr (son from first marriage) and family left India straight after Independence. I can't find her birth in England, so I suspect she may have been born in India. I have found a De Lamos on the 1911 census who gives his birthplace as Goa (Portuguese India) so that is another possibility given the number of De Lamos with what I thought were Spanish forenames, but could quite easily be Portuguese.
Pansy would have been in England only three years when Stanley died, probably without any family of her own. Stanley's two brothers, one of his sisters, a sister in law (widow of oldest brother) and a nephew lived within 10 miles of where he and Pansy settled, but they may not have got on too well.

Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott