Author Topic: POLAND - records of exile to Siberia during WWII  (Read 809 times)

Offline kjmck

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
POLAND - records of exile to Siberia during WWII
« on: Tuesday 27 March 18 16:52 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone

I am looking for any records available regarding the exile of Poles to Siberia in 1940.

My grandfather was born Piotr Golba 25/02/1922 (died 29/12/2015) in Czortków (now Ukraine), to Stanisław Golba & Katarzyna Jasiak who were from Kielce. Stanisław died young and Katarzyna remarried a Ludwik Wisła.

My grandfather said on 10/02/1940 Russian troops entered their farm, gave them 20 minutes to gather their belongings, shot their animals, and the family were then sent to Siberia where my grandfather worked felling tree's. In Siberia my grandfather's young half-sister, Eugenia Wisła died from starvation and the cold, and was buried by her father in the forest, Ludwik then died himself.

My grandfather then marched 200km to join the Polish Army under General Anders, and fought at such battles as the Battle of Monte Cassino in 1944. I have a photo of my grandfather outside the ruins of the monastery there.

I have found only one record of my grandfather an his journey to Siberia -

Wisła, Piotr. Ludwik (Step-father's name). Deported in the Molotov (Perm) District. ID - 482434

The rest of the family are listed also.

6       Wisła       Piotr       Ludwik                       Deported in the Molotov (Perm) district       English Polish       482434

Any help would be much appreciated.

Keelan

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: POLAND - records of exile to Siberia during WWII
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 27 March 18 17:15 BST (UK) »
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline davecapps

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: POLAND - records of exile to Siberia during WWII
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 27 March 18 22:47 BST (UK) »
I suppose you mean this link:

https://stevemorse.org/siberia/siberia.php?lastnameKind=exact&lastnameMax=Wisla&firstnameKind=exact&firstnameMax=&fatherKind=exact&fatherMax=&motherKind=exact&motherMax=&bornKind=between&bornMin=&bornMax=&idKind=between&idMin=&idMax=&fate0Kind=contains&fate0Max=&volumeKind=exact&volumeMax=&fateKind=contains&fateMax=&sourceKind=contains&sourceMax=&offset=1&pagesize=50

if you click on  English/Polish you get the attached graphic

1. spisy eszelonowe specpieriesieleńców przybyłych do obwodu mołotowskiego w 1940 roku (archiwum Głównego Urzędu Spraw Wewnętrznych na Kraj Permski, zespół 21, inw. 1, tom 1) - karta, pozycja
MOŁ -231-3
~~~~~~~~--
2. spisy eszelonowe specpieriesieleńców przybyłych do obwodu mołotowskiego w 1940 roku (archiwum Głównego Urzędu Spraw Wewnętrznych na Kraj Permski, zespół 21, inw. 1, tom 1) - karta, pozycja
MOŁ -231-4
~~~~~~~~---
2 – lists of  ??  who arrived in the Molotov oblast in 1940 (archive of the Main Office of Internal Affairs in Perm, Kraj 21, inv. 1, volume 1)

3. Spis rodzin wojskowych wywiezionych do ZSSR, (Instytut Polski i Muzeum Sikorskiego w Londynie, kolekcja 138, zeszyty 283–287) - zeszyt, strona, pozycja
Rud4 -1118-13085

So that would possibly mean that the lists of people arriving in Molotowska are to be found  in the Archives in the Town of Perm,  Russia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perm_Krai

http://www.archive.perm.ru/en/index_en_demo