Author Topic: Need More Help With 1806 Belgian Birth Document  (Read 428 times)

Offline Woodworker22

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Need More Help With 1806 Belgian Birth Document
« on: Tuesday 27 March 18 19:52 BST (UK) »
I have Jean Nicolas Van Cauwenbergh in my tree but his wife is not Jeanne Catherine Keuijens. Can someone help me with the details of this document so I can figure out how Petronille Therese Van Cauwenbergh fits in?  Can you determine the parent's ages? Mike has already given me some help on this and so has Viktoria, but now I need some details.

Offline JohninSussex

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Need More Help With 1806 Belgian Birth Document
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 28 March 18 15:51 BST (UK) »
The father is Jean Nicolas van Cauwenbergh aged 43 years, so the age roughly, but not precisely, fits with his details on your other documents, where he had children with his wife Jeanne Dorothée.  The obvious assumption is that Jeanne Catherine died and he re-married and had further children. 

In your "1820 Belgian document" Jean Nicolas/Joannes Nicolaus is aged 63 and his wife Joanna Dorothea is aged 34.  So it fits with the idea that she was his second wife.  Unless of course there are two JN van C which is presumably less likely? 
Rutter, Sampson, Swinerd, Head, Redman in Kent.  Others in Cheshire, Manchester, Glos/War/Worcs.
RUTTER family and Matilda Sampson's Will:

Offline Woodworker22

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Need More Help With 1806 Belgian Birth Document
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 28 March 18 19:01 BST (UK) »
JohninSussex...I think you might be right. I will now search for a death and a new marriage.  Thanks.