Author Topic: What happened to the Beck boys in North Shields  (Read 2319 times)

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: What happened to the Beck boys in North Shields
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 31 March 18 17:02 BST (UK) »
Wow, that really was quick.

I hope Boo sees this, she reported it yesterday.

Thanks,

Michael

So did I  ;D
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 31 March 18 17:05 BST (UK) »
The good thing with F M P is if they agree with you they alter it unlike Ancestry who leave it as it was and put an alternative. 
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Shiny1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 31 March 18 17:29 BST (UK) »

So did I  ;D

Excellent, thanks a lot.

Michael
Dale (Newcastle Upon Tyne), Beck, English, Hall, Harrison, Stephenson (all from the North Shields, South Shields area), Woodger (from the Newcastle and Liss areas)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 03 April 18 09:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Michael,

Just to let you know there is a folder on those with the Beck family name in the North Shields local studies. :)  There is quite a bit of information on various papers so I think it would be worth your while popping along when you can.

There is a typed list of Becks buried at Preston between 1883 and 1959.  According to the list Grace was buried in Grave No 12793 entry no 1732 in 1920.  The microfilm will give you the exact date of burial.

There is also a written notation recording that 'George Beck of Dock Hotel died in Nov. 1928 but is not in the index.'. I wonder if this might refer to someone in your tree?

There is also a handwritten tree relating to a 'Bach' family dating back to 1801 who later changed to Beck.

There is too much info to send from the folder so I would recommend your having a look when you get time to sort out what may be relevant to your research.

There are also a lot of information held in the index boxes on those with the Beck name.  For example:
'BECK, Grace
31 North St Milburn Place N/S 21at inst, aged 40 years, wife of George & 2nd daughter of Wm &  Mary Smith of East Howdon.'
S.D.N. 22/6/1920 p1 c1

Also, don't forget to look in the Journal & Evening Chronicle notices drawers at the local studies too as there are people with Beck names in here.

This is just to let you know that the library does hold info so it will likely be worth a visit. :)

Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Shiny1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 03 April 18 09:58 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much for looking, I'm hoping to get in there soon and have a proper look.

I have a few weddings to look up on the microfilm so do need to get in. I might have to bite the bullet and put in a day's holiday so I can get in for more that 30 minutes at a time.

Thanks again.

Michael
Dale (Newcastle Upon Tyne), Beck, English, Hall, Harrison, Stephenson (all from the North Shields, South Shields area), Woodger (from the Newcastle and Liss areas)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 03 April 18 10:04 BST (UK) »
You are welcome Michael.

If you would like, as I am here now I could help with marriage look ups - if these are not of living people of course.

Best Wishes :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Shiny1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 03 April 18 10:14 BST (UK) »
They certainly aren't living anymore but it's ok, I want to get prints of them so I can refer back.

Thanks for the offer though,

Michael

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 03 April 18 10:25 BST (UK) »
Yes, prints are a good idea - certainly a lot cheaper than sending off to the GRO. :)