Author Topic: Margaret Kelly  (Read 2824 times)

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret Kelly
« Reply #9 on: Monday 29 July 19 18:39 BST (UK) »
Without her parent's names on the marriage it's impossible to say, it could be her....

Re the place names.

If you click on Irish Ancestors at the bottom of the main parish page on NLI parish registers you can get a link to all the townlands in each parish, (the parishes are quite big)

So for Ardcath you get this
https://www.johngrenham.com/records/rc_church.php?churchid=0901&parish=Ardcath
Use the Click Here and you get two Civil Parishes, click on each of those and you get the townlands.

I don't see Curragha listed, however the near by parish of Donymore has a variant name Curragha.
https://registers.nli.ie/parishes/0924 use the show more/less

Offline ab196

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 29 July 19 20:03 BST (UK) »
Thanks Sinann for looking at this.

I spoke with someone from the locality recently and it was he who mentioned about Ardcath, Clonalvy and Curragha being connected. That's why when I found the baptism in nearby Ratoath I thought I might have struck lucky. I'll not take it as the correct person and I will keep on looking.

Once again thanks for your help.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 29 July 19 20:12 BST (UK) »
Marriage record shows Richard Dromgold married Margaret Kelly both RC on 7/5/1859 at Ardcath, Co. Meath. Husband's father Dromgold. Wife's father Kelly.......

Does it not give father's first name?
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 29 July 19 20:15 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone

I am back with Margaret Kelly again. As all roads seemed to be leading to Ardcath I thought that was the place to look further. I recently discovered that there is a grave and two headstones in Ardcath cemetery relating to this family. From my research I recognise some of the names - there are twelve of them.
However I have searched and can find no record for Margaret Kelly's baptism in Ardcath. I have learned that the parish of Ardcath takes in also a place called Curragha and in the past a small village a few miles from Ardcath named Ratoath was also linked to Curragha.
Upon looking further I have found a baptism record for Margaret Kelly, daughter of Thomas Kelly and Mary Muldoon of Ratoath, Co. Meath, Ireland.
Is it possible that I may be on the right track or is this just wishful thinking on my part?
I thought I would bounce it off any of you who would care to give an opinion.
Many thanks for your time.

You possibly are but have you looked in this Register to see if there is a marriage there for her?

Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline ab196

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 29 July 19 21:03 BST (UK) »

No first names given on her marriage certificate Hallmark. Think I will try to find out something more if I can on Thomas Kelly and Mary Muldoon - perhaps a marriage or burial.