Author Topic: Locating Cemetery  (Read 5078 times)

Offline nestagj

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Locating Cemetery
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 11 April 18 14:41 BST (UK) »
Good afternoon

Bethel cemetery Golan is looked after by the local community council - here are the contact details for the Council Clerk (she does all the admin for the council).  These details are available in the public form.
Liz Watkin
Tyn Lôn
Bethel
Caernarfon
LL55 1UW
(01248) 671243 neu 07799026791
cyngordolbenmaen@btinternet.com

I know that she deals with the cemetery as I have dealt with her - my grand parents are buried there.    It is a very small cemetery and I would suspect that there is a headstone as there are very few graves without there.  If I have time I will have a wander up there and see if I can find her for you.

There is also another small cemetery where she could be and this is the Beuno Sant Public Cemetery, Penmorfa this is operated by the local councty council and their contact number is 01766 771000 or their email is GalwGwynedd@gwynedd.llyw.cymru

Regards
Nesta

Offline Bruce McAlister

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 11 April 18 18:48 BST (UK) »
Hi there Nesta,
Thank you very much for those details on the Bethel Cemetery Golan and also the details on the Beuno Sant Public Cemetery, Penmorfa, greatly appreciated.  Your information has given me some hope that I will find out where my mother is buried.
I shall pass the information that you have provided to me onto my daughter who is currently in London and get her to follow up.
If you do get the time to wonder up there and have a look it would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
Kind Regards
Bruce :) ;) :D

Offline nestagj

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 11 April 18 21:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Bruce
Anytime ... if she’s buried in the area the grave can be found . I’ll see what I can do
Nesta

Offline Bruce McAlister

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 11 April 18 22:20 BST (UK) »
Hi there Nesta,
Thank you very much, greatly appreciated.  If mum's grave can be found it would be fantastic, you don't know how much that it will mean to me, if found I will be eternally greatfull.
Thank once again.
Kind Regards
Bruce  :) ;) :D

Offline EmyrBorth

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 23 April 18 18:30 BST (UK) »
Hi
Have received PM from Bruce. Have checked the MI booklets I have and also other surrounding cemeteries on microfiche at Caernarfon Archives. Also checked newspapers at Caernarfon and Bangor University, and made local enquiries. Newspaper reports say that funeral service took place at Tremadog churchyard; but there is no cemetery there. Have been speaking on the phone this afternoon with someone who had 2 daughters in same class as Bruce's brother. She tells me she was buried at Bethel, Golan and that there was a small gravestone on the grave, but that it seems to have disappeared. I'm sending an e-mail to the clerk of the Community Council to enquire.
Emyr

Offline Bruce McAlister

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 23 April 18 19:29 BST (UK) »
Hi there Emyr,
Thank you for what you have done in your research in trying to find where my mother is buried, you have done a considerable amount of work, spent a considerable amount of time searching, it is greatly appreciated. 

To look through the MI booklets, microfiche at Caemarfon Archives, checking through newspapers at Caemarfon and Bangor University, and making local enquiries would have taken a considerable amount of your time, I'm eternally grateful for your efforts and time and for assisting me in trying to find where my mother is buried, I don't know how I could ever repay you for what you have done. 

Is there any chance of getting a copy of the newspaper report that has the notice of the funeral service taking pace at Tremadog, and which Church? 

Your efforts are greatly appreciated, it is some comfort that it looks like that my mum was buried at Bethel, Golan, now it is a matter to try and establish the burial spot [grave]

That is good news, thank you ever so much, greatly appreciative of what you have done.
Kind Regards
Bruce
email: buzzman55@gil.ocm.au
 :) :D ;D

Offline nestagj

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 23 April 18 21:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Bruce
Popped up to Bethel this over the weekend but couldn’t find anything visible . As a long shot also checked the small church yard in Penmorfa but nothing there either .
Fantastic work Emyr .... you don’t think it could be Dolbenmaen ?
Nesta

Offline Bruce McAlister

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 24 April 18 19:59 BST (UK) »
Hi there Nesta,
Thank you very much for taking the time out of your life and for your effort to have a look at the Bethel cemetery, Golan for my mother's grave, over the weekend, it is very much greatly appreciated.

On the work done by Emyr it appears that my mother is buried at the Bethel cemetery, Golan however, the gravestone is now missing and that Emyr is contacting the Clerk of the Community Council to enquire as to where her grave is located at that cemetery.

Your efforts are eternally grateful, I don't know how I can repay you.  It would be so nice to know where my mother is buried.  And one day I would love to be able to go and visit and see where my mother is buried.  That will take some years before I can save enough money to afford that trip.

But again thank you for assistance, you don't know how much this means to me.

Kind Regards
Bruce
 :) ;) :D ;D

Offline EmyrBorth

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 24 April 18 21:04 BST (UK) »
Hi
Been out running with the local running club tonight. Whilst I was out I received an e-mail from the clerk of the Dolbenmaen Community Council confirming that she is buried at Bethel Cemetery, and giving info re position of grave and name of person buried in the next grave. I'll go there tomorrow to hav a look.
Emyr