Author Topic: Collins-Duggan family Co. Tyrone  (Read 1371 times)

Offline grahamd15

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Collins-Duggan family Co. Tyrone
« on: Tuesday 03 April 18 11:11 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone,
I'm looking into a Collins family who emigrated to Scotland around 1840, I know of their life in Scotland (Kirkintilloch and Bo'ness) but nothing of their family in Ireland and would greatly appreciate any help finding more about them.

The family starts off with Hugh Collins who married Hannah Duggan (b. abt 1787). Hannah at least immigrated to Scotland around 1840 with her children as she is present in the 1851 census.
The couple had at least four children:
- Edward, 1828 - ?
- Thomas, 1831 - 1868
- Jane, 1835 - 1887
- Patrick, 1837 - ?
In the 1851 Scottish census a nephew, Patrick Duggan (b. abt 1837) was also living with them

From Thomas' marriage certificate to one Sarah Mullen (Milldown) I found he was born in Tyrone. I assume that the others were also born there and any help in finding out more about them would be greatly appreciated!

Offline Robba66

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Collins-Duggan family Co. Tyrone
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 21 April 21 22:39 BST (UK) »
Hi

I've just noticed this post, Hugh and Hannah are my great, great, great grandparents!

Regards

Robert

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Muckish the flat-topped mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 22 April 21 11:17 BST (UK) »

Welcome to RootsChat  :)

Hi

I've just noticed this post, Hugh and Hannah are my great, great, great grandparents!

Regards

Robert

grahamd15 was last active here only 3 days ago so he/she should receive a notification e-mail and reply to you.

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline grahamd15

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 25 May 21 06:13 BST (UK) »
Hi

Regards

Robert

Hi Robert,
Sorry to reply so late! I haven't been checking my new replies.
Which child of theirs do you descend from and have you found anything about Hugh and Hannah?
I found a few more children and that they lived in Aughnacloy Tyrone.
Daniel