Author Topic: William Pearson Mystery  (Read 1997 times)

Offline Torwoodlee

• I have turned off notifications to all my topics
  • RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William Pearson Mystery
« on: Tuesday 03 April 18 16:15 BST (UK) »
I need some help with a mystery please.  I am trying to trace a William Pearson, twin of Helen Robb Pearson, born on the 1st of August 1909 in Galashiels.  His mother (Margaret Manor Pearson, nee Marshall) died eighteen days after he was born and the last that I saw him, he was living with his father and paternal grandparents (William and Helen Pearson) according to the 1911 census.  His sister went to live with her Aunt Isabella (nee Pearson) and Uncle William Templeton after they married but he did not.  I was wondering if he ever married and when he died.
Can anyone help?  :)
Names:  Laidlaw, Alexander, Park, Templeton, Hood, Sanderson, Fairbairn, Davidson, Delgatty, Greig
Areas:  Galashiels Selkirkshire, Ladhope Roxburghshire, Jedburgh Roxburghshire, Morebattle Roxburghshire, Tillicoultry Clackmannanshire

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: William Pearson Mystery
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 03 April 18 18:15 BST (UK) »
I was wondering if he ever married and when he died.

Have you checked Scotlands People?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Torwoodlee

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 03 April 18 18:25 BST (UK) »
I've checked all avenues before coming onto here, both Scotlands People and Ancestry.
Names:  Laidlaw, Alexander, Park, Templeton, Hood, Sanderson, Fairbairn, Davidson, Delgatty, Greig
Areas:  Galashiels Selkirkshire, Ladhope Roxburghshire, Jedburgh Roxburghshire, Morebattle Roxburghshire, Tillicoultry Clackmannanshire

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 03 April 18 22:27 BST (UK) »
When did his father die?  Who reported his death?
Did his father leave a will? If yes- any mention of William in it?

Re your Isabella Templeton post - have you considered William may have died in Wales?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Torwoodlee

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 04 April 18 16:05 BST (UK) »
His father (William Richard Pearson) died on the 8th of April 1964 in Edinburgh; the certificate was signed by Thomas Pearson, his son from his second marriage, the half brother of William who I am trying to find out about.  I do not know if there was a will.  It is extremely unlikely that William died in Wales as it was his cousin that moved there with his Aunt, so not a direct relation.