Author Topic: Adoption, Childrens homes 1950+  (Read 3334 times)

Offline susanmanclark

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Adoption, Childrens homes 1950+
« Reply #9 on: Friday 20 September 19 00:41 BST (UK) »
I saw your post on rootschat.com and am one of the children in your post, posted on 6 April 2018.
What went on between my parents and grandmother should never have been put out on the internet.
I could sue you for defamation of character.
We did not seek to find her, ‘in our teens’ SHE looked for US through our fathers mother (Mary Manclark) and found US through her. I was never told she was dead, by ANYONE!
I met her, but felt nothing, for me there was no bond! After communicating for a while, we realised it wasn’t working, so stop it.
By the way, from the replies to your post, we were not ‘adopted’ because our sh*t of a father told the children’s home not to do that, or separate us, then he off to Australia after something, to do with me, was exposed. He couldn’t get much further away from his three kids, could he?

After I returned from living abroad, after many years, I got in contact with my brother, the man who phoned you, he in turn, had found our mother, who after talking on the phone, visited me twice, in London, but I still had no feelings, or any type of bond with her.
My brother, mother and l all separately about what happened with my father, then the  gossip started. It was when I heard what was being said, about me, I decided I didn’t need my brother, or my mother in my life, so ostracised both of them, abd that included everyone else in the family.
I know your nan, (my mother), died, but I haven’t contact anyone in the family for years and certainly didn’t want any money from her estate.
I take offence at what you’ve written, in your post, especially about, ‘not one of the kids from her earlier life visited’. I personally, eventually, had nothing to do with anyone in the family, through choice. So why would I WANT to visit after her death, or want anything from her estate.
There is a lot more, from my side, that you don’t know about and how I felt about my mother and if you do want to know it all, from my side, you can contact me on here.

You had no right to put this out on a public domain. Especially when it looks like I was involved, when I wasn’t.
In your post it looks as if I had been in contact with you about wanting  my mother’s money. I find this totally offensive and want a public apology, from you, on here, rootschat.com

Offline Mariposaloca

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 20 September 19 10:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Susan

Im sorry 100% that you feel this was to get to you and im sorry you feel i did this in spite of everything that happened.  I shall tell you exactly why i did this. 

I had Power of attorney for Nana and when she died, Matthew tried to sue me for all nanas money. nana wanted her last savings to go to charity and Matthew wanted to dispute that.  He told me that you and Elena wanted your share and i was to give it to him for safe keeping.  I attempted to contact you and Elena to inform you of nanas passing and i also tried to look in to your history to see 1: if you were entitled and 2: if you wanted it.  Im sorry you thought otherwise.  This site was a way for me to get help with searching your childrens homes.  Your name was mostly brought up to find more out about Matthew.  All in all, i never heard from you, Elena messaged me but her messages never made sense and Matthew finally got told by his solicitors, he has no leg to stand on.  Nanas money went to a charity after fighting your brother for a year and im happy, he was offered his share simply because i figured if he was desperate enough to go through all that for £200 then he may as well have it.

i meant no upset by this post and i surely didnt mean to upset or offend you.  I did try and contact you, even through someone who is family of yours on Facebook.  All i needed to know was, did you want your inheritence or not, as i was sitting on history and i wanted to grieve. As for the storys, its all ive been told so if you can find it in your heart to explain the past, id love to hear it as nana never wanted to talk about it.  its snippets of other family members that told me what i found out.

Anyway i hope this apology is enough for you.  Im also sorry you never got to meet her in the end.  Her dementia made her a nicer better person :)

kind regards Lia

Offline susanmanclark

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 20 September 19 11:54 BST (UK) »
Thank you Lia.

I’m not on Facebook, or other social media websites.

If you want to make contact I’d rather do it some other way.

I have a mobile phone and an email address, but I don’t want to give these out on this website, or over the internet.
Sue

Offline Mariposaloca

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 20 September 19 12:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Susan

You can contact me on Removed

:) Thank you

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 20 September 19 20:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue

This is the link to contact Lia via the private message service www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=287634

Works like most email services with an in/out box.

Another way to get there for anyone is just to click on the button under anyone's name on the l/hand side, the button with what looks like a letter on the r/h side.

Hope you both find your way through this all  :)

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline LEMB

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 29 September 19 14:57 BST (UK) »
Just read this thinking it was going to be a sad story with an even sadder ending. I'm sorry to read about the passing of your Nana / Mother. But i'm very glad that you are both in contact, all be it, not for a happy reason, but even so, i really hope you both get to share some stories/memories with each other :-)

Best wishes to you both x