Author Topic: UK centric Family History computer program?  (Read 2791 times)

Offline CarolA3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My adopted home
    • View Profile
Re: UK centric Family History computer program?
« Reply #9 on: Friday 06 April 18 16:03 BST (UK) »
Come to think of it, when FH first started doing this 'matching' thing they linked up with My Heritage.  Almost everything MH suggested was US-based, despite every person in my tree having lived and died in England.  It was a useless nuisance and I turned it off.

I guess it wasn't a popular feature!  At least the FindMyPast suggestions are in the right country (so far!).

Carol
OXFORDSHIRE / BERKSHIRE
Bullock, Cooper, Boler/Bowler, Wright, Robinson, Lee, Prior, Trinder, Newman, Walklin, Louch

Offline Norm Weston

• RootsChat Member
  • Norman Weston Killed in Action 1943
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 15 April 18 17:20 BST (UK) »
Briefly, I did download the FH program and loaded it with my gedcom. It wouldn't load my family file from Legacy, it does not have the facility to do so. I spent several days watching video tutorials and trying it out but I kept returning to Legacy. I found FH to be 'quirky', probably because it is so different to Legacy which I have used over many years. Sad to say I won't be buying FH so I am stuck with Legacy for the duration! I am sure if it was the other way around, I would also find Legacy 'quirky'!
Attwood Bettles Birchall Coles Culshaw Doherty Donnelly Downs Freeman Greaves Misledine Ormandy Robinson Rutherford  Thorlby Tilley   Weston

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Big sister with baby brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 15 April 18 21:35 BST (UK) »
Have a look at RootsMagic. I believe it is similar to Legacy.
I am Australian, from all the lands I come (my ancestors, at least!)

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Kelsey, Crampton, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Warwickshire, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.