Author Topic: Jones family of Trelech a'r Bettws  (Read 757 times)

Offline yattonharry

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Best, YattonHarry
    • View Profile
Re: Jones family of Trelech a'r Bettws
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 07 April 18 20:40 BST (UK) »
My mistake. Sorry there is no David. I looked at my family tree and there is David shown, but this is an error. On the 1851 census are shown:

John Jones   43
Esther Jones   48
William Jones   12
Francis Jones   9
Henry Jones   2
WALES: Bevan, David, Thomas in area of Ystradyfodwg [Rhondda] Llangeinor and Bettws [Glam] Glamorgan Farms of interest: Graigddu, Gwaunadda, Llwynypia, Maesllan, Penygraig and Cwmsaerbren | RAYMOND, St Davids Pembrokeshire; OWEN St Davids Pembrokeshire; JONES Upper Neath Valley;
ENGLAND: Somerset, Yatton, Kenn, Portishead, Weston-i-Gardano, Clevedon & Bristol. Names: Nethway, Perris, Knight, Gosling, Payne.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline yattonharry

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Best, YattonHarry
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 07 April 18 20:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Ayashi,
I have a William but born abt 1839 in Trelech. If we have taken these place names from census then with my families they change birthplaces often.

My William's parents are John Jones b 1809 and Esther Thomas b 1804. They married 7th March 1873 St Peter, Carmarthenshire, Wales. Do you connect. Yours are earlier aren't they?

My John's parents were John Jones and Ann James.
WALES: Bevan, David, Thomas in area of Ystradyfodwg [Rhondda] Llangeinor and Bettws [Glam] Glamorgan Farms of interest: Graigddu, Gwaunadda, Llwynypia, Maesllan, Penygraig and Cwmsaerbren | RAYMOND, St Davids Pembrokeshire; OWEN St Davids Pembrokeshire; JONES Upper Neath Valley;
ENGLAND: Somerset, Yatton, Kenn, Portishead, Weston-i-Gardano, Clevedon & Bristol. Names: Nethway, Perris, Knight, Gosling, Payne.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Ayashi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William Wood, who was your mother??
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 07 April 18 20:59 BST (UK) »
Your John Snr would be the same generation as Theophilus. I have no known Johns, unfortunately, and as I say my earliest Jones comes from Llangathen, although for all I know more of his family might have come over as well.

It is unfortunate, I'd like to match up with a Jones and I got all excited. My mother's DNA is on Ancestry if that helps at all.

Offline yattonharry

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Best, YattonHarry
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 07 April 18 21:02 BST (UK) »
Yes DNA Kit numbers help a lot. Where do I look on ancestry - have you a tree?  I can PM you.