Author Topic: dick stansfield 1893 - 1974A  (Read 1160 times)

Offline mark9825uk

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
dick stansfield 1893 - 1974A
« on: Wednesday 11 April 18 12:38 BST (UK) »
Any info on this gentleman would be most welcome. my great grandfather was living at 69 south parade hull in 1939.his navy service number was ss1128118 D.O.B 24 september 1893..I am trying to find any photo   navy records he served on ships called renown and Liverpool and was at the base Victory ii   he died in 1974  when I was15 but never met him. He remarried after first wife Grace Mudd died young. Thanks if anyone can help  Mark Stansfield in Hull

Offline crimea1854

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: dick stansfield 1893 - 1974A
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 11 April 18 22:17 BST (UK) »
Mark

Can I suggest you visit the following website, but more specifically the link will take you to the log books for the ships your great grandfather served on. These will provide you with a good insight as to his war: http://www.naval-history.net/OWShips-LogBooksWW1.htm

Martin

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 11 April 18 22:23 BST (UK) »
. He remarried after first wife Grace Mudd died young. Thanks if anyone can help  Mark Stansfield in Hull

When did he marry grace Mudd??
I can only find a marriage Sept qtr 1919 to Grace Taylor Hull 9d 810
and later
Mar qtr 1930 Hull to Margaret Lynch

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MaxD

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 12 April 18 10:52 BST (UK) »
Presumably you have seen his RN service record 1912 to 1919 then the Royal Fleet Reserve 1919-1921 which is on Findmypast?

MaxD
I am Zoe Northeast, granddaughter of Maximilian Double.

It is with great difficulty I share with you that in the early hours of 07 August 2021, Maximilian passed away unexpectedly but peacefully.

With deep sadness,
Zoe

Double  Essex/Suffolk
Randle/Millington Warwicks
Sokser/Klingler Austria/Croatia

Offline Brian75

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 01 May 18 11:54 BST (UK) »
Mark

I believe that Grace Mudd married George R Taylor at St Barnabas church in Hull in 1912.
What happen to George i have not found yet, she then went on to marry Dick Stansfield in 1919 at Hull Register Office.   The marriage to George Taylor I will look up next time I go to Treasury House.

Brian.
Ralph, Milne, Stockton, Atkinson, Kendall, Wise, Davey,

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 04 May 18 14:29 BST (UK) »
Mark

I believe that Grace Mudd married George R Taylor at St Barnabas church in Hull in 1912.
What happen to George i have not found yet, she then went on to marry Dick Stansfield in 1919 at Hull Register Office.   The marriage to George Taylor I will look up next time I go to Treasury House.

Brian.

Army service rcords state George Robert Taylor E Yorks reg no 13/740 married Grace Mudd 9 Sept 1912 St barnabus Hull
Children George Robert Taylor 26 Dec 1913
Margaret Taylor 4 Feb 1917 (few months after her father was killed in action
George Robert Taylor E Yks Reg no 13/740 Private enlisted ull
France and Flanders killed in action 13 Nov 1916

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mark9825uk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 04 May 18 15:22 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much for this additional information...it is very interesting...Grace Mudd taylor was my great grandmother  she remarried Dick Stansfield in 1919 and my grandfather was born that year. It is all starting to come together now...thank you all for your help. Dick Stansfield remarried to Margaret Lynch sometime in 1939 and lived until 1973 or 74 I think....Thanks again Suz and Brian