Author Topic: Ann(e) OXLADE, born c. 1690  (Read 1744 times)

Offline nong43

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ann(e) OXLADE, born c. 1690
« Reply #9 on: Monday 16 April 18 15:17 BST (UK) »
Thanks Piddington & Bucksboy

I ordered the Oxlade baptisms and marriages for 1538-1738. Not all parishes are accounted for (the Kimbles are missing), and marriages seem to be a bit thin on the ground. Re baptisms, the story is largely the same (missing Kimbles, among other parishes), but there are loads of baptisms in (Great) Marlow. (The Oxlade sisters are present, though).

As for the Franklins, I’d love to be able to take the family back a bit further, so if you can help there, Piddington, I’d really appreciate it. The Franklins have always intrigued me, ever since I found out one of my 6x great-grandmothers was given the frankly bizarre name “Collibary”.

Thanks

Martin
BKM/OXF: Harvey, Broughton, Goldswain, Braden, Ridgley, Wheeler, Lunnon, Dean, Austin, Franklin, Baldwin, Blackwell, Brooks, Ashby, East, Goodchild, Loosley, Stratford, Newell, Johnson, Bailey, Hobbs
BRK/OXF: Maskell, Waite, Ilsley, Harwood, Fuce, Lookman, Patey
SSX: Funnell, Hollengam, Gilbert, Ellis, Marchant, Harmer, Godfrey, Stoneham, Percy, Lavender
MDX/LDN/HRT: Seywell, Neville, Woods
KEN: Weller, Bishop, Friday, Maynard
ENG: Pewtress
Romnichal: Evans, Alford, Jeffs, Loveridge

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'll thank you all now, in case I forget.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 16 April 18 16:22 BST (UK) »
They won't be missing in other Parishes, if they were never there in the first place.  One of the problems is, the place of Baptism, isn't always the place of birth.

I've had a number of children born in London, pre 1830's, but baptised in Amersham, Bucks, and elsewhere.

Franklins, Franklyns etc, are all over Bucks.  Do you know what the main ocupation of your Franklins are.  There are quite a few that are Clerics of the Church.

Good luck, and good hunting. :)

Steve. :)
Ives, Stevens, Allen, Smith, King, Wooster, Elwood from Monks and Princes Risborough, Aylesbury, Wendover, Great Missenden, Bledlow, Horsenden, Saunderton, West Wycombe, High Wycombe, Lacey Green, Longwick, Illmer,  Hughenden, Prestwood, The Kimbles, Haslemere, Bradenham, Aston Clinton and more......!!  Plus a whole host of Oxfordshire areas.
Graham, Pimlott, Burgess from Cheshire and Lancashire area.
Acknowledgemets to http://www.bucksfhs.org.uk/  and  http://www.ofhs.org.uk/

Offline nong43

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 16 April 18 16:55 BST (UK) »
Unfortunately I know nothing about the Franklins’ occupations. I do know that my ancestor Joseph Franklin (1728-1784) was renting a house to a Henry Golder at the time he died, with the landlordship subsequently being taken over by a John Cosier.

Martin
BKM/OXF: Harvey, Broughton, Goldswain, Braden, Ridgley, Wheeler, Lunnon, Dean, Austin, Franklin, Baldwin, Blackwell, Brooks, Ashby, East, Goodchild, Loosley, Stratford, Newell, Johnson, Bailey, Hobbs
BRK/OXF: Maskell, Waite, Ilsley, Harwood, Fuce, Lookman, Patey
SSX: Funnell, Hollengam, Gilbert, Ellis, Marchant, Harmer, Godfrey, Stoneham, Percy, Lavender
MDX/LDN/HRT: Seywell, Neville, Woods
KEN: Weller, Bishop, Friday, Maynard
ENG: Pewtress
Romnichal: Evans, Alford, Jeffs, Loveridge