Author Topic: Dick Stansfield SS112818 HULL ENGLAND  (Read 1973 times)

Offline mark9825uk

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Dick Stansfield SS112818 HULL ENGLAND
« on: Sunday 15 April 18 15:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Everyone, Does anyone know how I Could possibly find a photograph of my great grandfather Richard "Dick" Stansfield. I Have quite a bit of information on him but I have exhausted all Avenues. He died in 1974 when I was 15 but due to family feuds never met him. He was born September 24 1893 he married Grace Taylor in 1919in Hull England who sadly died age 42 sometime in 1936. Dick remarried to Margaret Lynch (DOB 15/01/1893) in 1939 in Hull and he lived until 1974. Dicks father was Frederick Stansfield he had a brother also Frederick and had 4 sisters ?? Alice Agnes and Annie. Dick served in the navy becoming a stoker first class and served on HMS Renown Attentive Liverpool and Glory also spent time at the base victory II. NAVY YEARS  Were 1912 - 1919 service number SS112818. I expect finding a photo would be too much to ask but any info on my great grandfather would be very much appreciated. Thank You Mark Stansfield

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Dick Stansfield SS112818 HULL ENGLAND
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 15 April 18 15:27 BST (UK) »
I would contact someone in the family who might still have pictures.

Explain the feud was not of your doing and before your time and you are curious.

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline mark9825uk

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Dick Stansfield SS112818 HULL ENGLAND
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 15 April 18 15:46 BST (UK) »
I would contact someone in the family who might still have pictures.

Explain the feud was not of your doing and before your time and you are curious.
Thanks Dawn but I dont know any of his family after he remarried Margaret Lynch..I found out a Margaret Williamson (Grainger) lived with them in Hull in 1939 thats about all I know. The family never even told me anything not even when he died in 1974 aged 81. Thanx Anyways Dawn. I will keep trying...