Author Topic: Young, Alfred Frederick  (Read 4593 times)

Offline Kot5ZheDLA4

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Young, Alfred Frederick
« Reply #27 on: Friday 20 April 18 21:56 BST (UK) »
Emily was b. 1853 in Hartley Wiltshire, in 1881 she was  28 yrs. occ. domestic servant (Hastings St. Leonard On The Sea Susses). In 1891 at 38 yrs. she was in Yorkshire, where she died in 1896.

I have info that I feel William's wife Ann maiden name was Osborn.

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 20 April 18 22:03 BST (UK) »
OK so who was the Emily with Ann & Frederick, and where did a possible mmn of Osborn/e come from, Eliza and all the boys bar James ( H ) have mmn Bradshaw?
Also we have not located a son Frederick or even a daughter Margaret to enable Frederick to be shown as a Grandson to Ann?
To save me searching, can you supply the marriages of the other children of William/Ann please?
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Kot5ZheDLA4

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 20 April 18 22:24 BST (UK) »
Might I ask where you are getting your info from because the mn's you have for some are not those that I have. Did you check the BMD?

Emily is Ann's daughter. I have a copy of the ship"s passenger list showing Emily 43yrs. and then another copy showing the page folded over to hide the name Emily and showing Ann & Frederick. I got the first list from a lady I was talking to in Winsley, Wiltshire and then I got the folded copy online.

Another thought I had is that when Fred lived in Winsley he must have gone to school there. Did schools at that time ask for Identification of any kind?

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 20 April 18 22:26 BST (UK) »
OK can you give us your source for the mothers maiden name please, and any baptisms you may have?
Keyboard86
PS so Emily travelled to Canada in 1896 and then returned and died 1896 Yorkshire is this correct?

Offline Kot5ZheDLA4

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 20 April 18 22:40 BST (UK) »
Ok..I have spent years working on this file, I have printed off all my info & put it in a binder so I am not about to start typing it all onto this forum. I have hit a brick wall with Dear Fred who is my great grandfather and I was just hoping some one out there could shine a light on a new clue. Maiden names are not going to do that.

I feel this baby boy when born had a record made for him, didn't they? (who ever they are).

I really do appreciate all the time and effort every one has put into this but asking me to prove my sources, really?

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 20 April 18 23:06 BST (UK) »
 ??? Sorry for all the questions, my sources for the baptisms came from FindMyPast, my other source for the births was the GRO Index which gives mothers maiden names, also I cannot locate on Freebmd a death in 1896 Yorkshire of an Emily Young b c 1853?
You suggested that with all the other children that married why did Ann "Whisk away" Frederick to Canada, all I asked was, what were the marriages?
Keyboard86

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Computer incompetent but stiil trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 20 April 18 23:14 BST (UK) »
its all very interesting ....of course the names are common so there could be two families

cautionary tale my mother spent 10 years researching her maternal grandmother and ancestors only to discover she'd followed wrong girl with same name birthplace proffession and just 2 years out in age

so can we summarise what we know for sure ; 

i.m just going to have a reread
Roberts,Fellman.Macdermid smith jones,Bloch,Irvine,Hallis Stevenson

Offline Kot5ZheDLA4

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 20 April 18 23:27 BST (UK) »
Yes I found that out way back when I first started searching my family roots. So I do search many records before claiming that they are my family. I have searched this Young family back to 1770 so I know his (Fred) past and his future but I don't know his parents are! That is a real stumper isn't it???

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 20 April 18 23:31 BST (UK) »
OK let's keep it simple, death of an Emily Young 1896 Yorkshire please?
Keyboard86