Author Topic: Looking for proof.  (Read 341 times)

Offline 'Trish'

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for proof.
« on: Wednesday 18 April 18 16:58 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find out if three boys from same family attend St Joseph's industrial school at Artane. Is there a register which could prove this? The boys were called William, Robert & Herbert (aka Hughie) surname Russell. How can I also prove that the boys mother Margaret Russell & Maggie's daughter Ellen lived in Dun Laoghaire, Adelaide Street, & that Ellen attended Marriners church School in Adelaide Street?
Is there away proving/disproving the childrens father was with them. Robert W B Russell was a private in the Scots Fusiliers. I have found the proof that RW Bisset (aka Russell) was a private in the Scots Fusiliers, but not if he was with his wife Maggie & the children when they went to Dublin in 1924 - and returned to Scotland in 1930. Maggie went to work for Ormsby-Hamilton at Kilkenny Castle.
I have asked alot of this site & whatever I have asked the researchers have been very very helpful and actually found cousins from the same family, I cannot fault them, always polite & friendly. Regards Trish
Fear, Puddy, Bunn, Hemsbury - Wedmore Somerset.  Watts - Romsey Hants, Frome Somerset, Warminster Wilts & Wokingham Berkshire.  Roberts - Newport, Stone Glos, Austin - Monmouth. Dix or Dicks - Frome. Pugh - Llanbrynmair, Trevithin & Tafolwern

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.