Author Topic: Wills and Probate, NORFOLK  (Read 3584 times)

Offline jonwicken

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Wills and Probate, NORFOLK
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 10 May 18 16:31 BST (UK) »
The 1720/1 of widow Mary Nalborough I already have ordered from NRO and is that of the mother in law of Richard Bower. It names her daughter Sarah but not their children.

It does however have Nathaniel Cowper as a witness so his 1721 will is if interest. But not sure if that might be on familysearch

I just need someone to help me how to most easily search for them and if all the wills should be there or not!

Thanks again,
Jon

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 10 May 18 23:10 BST (UK) »
ANW is Archdeaconry of Norwich
ANF is Archdeaconry of Norfolk
And NCC I think you already know.

My advice is just check the Familysearch catalogue to see what they have and which years have been digitised, subject to any restricted to FHCs only.
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline jonwicken

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 10 May 18 23:13 BST (UK) »
That is great! Thank you.