Author Topic: Query re. WW1 Roll of Honour  (Read 352 times)

Offline Scotsquinne

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Query re. WW1 Roll of Honour
« on: Friday 20 April 18 17:19 BST (UK) »
Hope I'm posting in the correct section?  My query relates to Donald Clark, from Gordons Mills, who appears on this Roll of Honour - trying to rule him in/out of my tree research.  Does this Roll of Honour mean he was a casualty/died in WW1, if so I cannot find him on the CWWGC site?  Or does it mean he survived?  Not sure where/what to search for?
The person I am looking for is a son of Donald & Sarah Clark, so just trying to establish whether this is him or not?  Thank you for any suggestions.
Shaw & McGillivray (Daviot & Dunlichity, Dores, Inverness & Nairn)
McTavish (Inverness-shire)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
Re: Query re. WW1 Roll of Honour
« Reply #1 on: Friday 20 April 18 19:20 BST (UK) »
From the title page , this is a list of officers and men on active service , with some casualty details up to June 1915 -
http://digital.nls.uk/rolls-of-honour/archive/100565422

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Scotsquinne

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Query re. WW1 Roll of Honour
« Reply #2 on: Friday 20 April 18 19:40 BST (UK) »
From the title page , this is a list of officers and men on active service , with some casualty details up to June 1915 -
http://digital.nls.uk/rolls-of-honour/archive/100565422

ev

Ah thanks so much for that Ev..... thats great, will have a good look thru the whole thing now! Cheers
Shaw & McGillivray (Daviot & Dunlichity, Dores, Inverness & Nairn)
McTavish (Inverness-shire)