Author Topic: Elliott & Fry: Serial Number  (Read 320 times)

Offline JohnG_Swansea

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Elliott & Fry: Serial Number
« on: Monday 23 April 18 10:46 BST (UK) »
We have what appears to be an original Card Mounted portrait of an ancestor who died in 1928, on the rear of the card is the photographer's studio name & address, serial number and the words O. D. COPYRIGHT.  The mounting card is 8½" x 11¾ inches.

Is there any way that the date of this photograph can be verified from the serial number?

I have been somewhat confused by the 'Copyright Advice' can the addition of keystrokes O. D. within the copyright notice be explained?

Hmmmm, the intention was to up-load an image of the Studio Impression on the reverse of the card, but I'm having difficulty interpreting the guidance on uploading images, I've used the Attach: pop-up box to select the required image, but I can't see how to get the selected image to sit between the two 'IMG' tags.

So I'll take the easy way out by saying the studio is Elliott & Fry and the serial number is 239810a

JohnG_Swansea
Your National Flag/ Ensign can be added to the left-hand side of every post by using your Profile Settings
Base Project: Benjamin D. POPE, (Railway Constructor, Natal) b: 1853 Stretham, Ely, d: 1928 Bath, Som't
Current Project(2018): Cox, Somerset >>> Osborn, Natal >>> Broughton, Canada >>> three Daughters, Natal. Resolved in the Canada Forum another success for Rootschat.

Offline JohnG_Swansea

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Elliott & Fry: Serial Number
« Reply #1 on: Monday 23 April 18 10:51 BST (UK) »
Ahhh, I didn't see that coming!

All's well. I'll know what to expect, if there's a next time.

JohnG_Swansea.
Your National Flag/ Ensign can be added to the left-hand side of every post by using your Profile Settings
Base Project: Benjamin D. POPE, (Railway Constructor, Natal) b: 1853 Stretham, Ely, d: 1928 Bath, Som't
Current Project(2018): Cox, Somerset >>> Osborn, Natal >>> Broughton, Canada >>> three Daughters, Natal. Resolved in the Canada Forum another success for Rootschat.