Author Topic: A lot burials Wakefield & Castleford / BUT NOT ALL  (Read 1325 times)

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
A lot burials Wakefield & Castleford / BUT NOT ALL
« on: Monday 23 April 18 17:44 BST (UK) »
http://www.wakefield.gov.uk/libraries-and-local-history/local-and-family-history/genealogy-searches

Best use Cemetery search of actual burial registers if you have death dates

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline Jool

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • James Dodson, beautifully restored by mozza29
    • View Profile
Re: A lot burials Wakefield & Castleford / BUT NOT ALL
« Reply #1 on: Monday 23 April 18 18:35 BST (UK) »
It is a great online resource Dobfarm, I'm sure it will be very useful to Rootschatters. I have used it before and found the burial register I was looking for.

In case it helps anyone searching it is worth noting that some cemeteries are not searchable by the name of the deceased so a trawl through the burial registers is the only way. To see the cemeteries that are searchable by name click on the word (open) underneath the Search by Name section, then click (show available). This will bring up the list.

The cemetery I was looking at was not searchable by name, but I was fortunate enough to know when and where she was buried from family documents which helped.

Good luck to anyone searching.
Robbins - Wolverhampton.
Spooner - Monmouthshire & Wolverhampton.
Warner & Loundes - Dudley/West Bromwich.
Dod(g)son - Heysham/Liverpool/Wolverhampton