Author Topic: Any one connected to name "Mitchell" from Birr County Offaly  (Read 14013 times)

Offline Fransgenes

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Any one connected to name "Mitchell" from Birr County Offaly
« Reply #72 on: Thursday 06 June 19 16:48 BST (UK) »
Many thanks dathai, I am most grateful for any information you can throw my way. I don’t know how people unearth these documents! Having dipped into it, it looks like fascinating reading in itself. I am always amazed how kind people can be, so thankyou again.
I have just discovered that James Daniel Mitchell was married in Coleraine in 1850. We lived there for many years without realising there was any family connection!

Offline Fransgenes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Saturday 08 June 19 08:21 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much Dathai, that’s a bumper crop, and filled in many gaps for me! I spent a lot of time yesterday digesting the information. I have sent for James Daniel Mitchell’s marriage cert to get more details of his wife, Margaret Dunlop, as they are my husbands direct ancestors (along with Adam and Barbara Mitchell). I’ll post any info I get. I also found that Harriett Scott Mitchell b. Feb 1890 in Queens Co. married late in life  (in 1945 to Alexander Ratti) and died in Croyden in 1963. It took ages to find the marriage as he had been transcribed as Batt on the 1939 census and the date was nearly illegible.
Many thanks once again for all your invaluable help. 🙂

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Fransgenes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Sunday 09 June 19 18:36 BST (UK) »
Yes, that’s the one!  I found out she ended her days in Holmsdale road, just opposite the Crystal Palace football ground! (Handy for some...) I was glad to see she didn’t end her days destitute as her life unravelled somewhat after such a promising beginning.
Thankyou Kiltaglassan for for taking the time to help. 🙂

Offline Fransgenes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Sunday 16 June 19 21:36 BST (UK) »
I have marriage information about James Daniel Mitchell, described as an accountant, residing in Ballymena, (father George Mitchell, solicitor) who married Margaret Dunlop, residing in Coleraine, (her father is Archibald Dunlop, merchant). Date August 15 1850, Ballyrashane Church,  Coleraine. I had hoped for more detailed information of their addresses but only the towns are given. James went on to become a bank manager in Dublin.