Author Topic: tracing hawkins family  (Read 2580 times)

Offline deepearce

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: tracing hawkins family
« Reply #9 on: Friday 27 April 18 10:54 BST (UK) »
Hi again, did Daisy Kate die as Daisy Kate Pearce Dec qtr 1933 Pontypridd 11a 542 aged 41, but  I cannot locate a marriage to a Mr Pearce?
I can locate one possible to a William R Rolls?
Maud Hawkins was Head Elementary School Teacher in 1939
Keyboard86
Hello , Yes i believe that is her. But i have not been able to trace a marriage date either to Sidney Gordon Pearce but they on a birth certificate of their daughter Felicia Corinne born 1922 

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 27 April 18 13:32 BST (UK) »
Hi again, did the family have links to Peterborough or Northamptonshire, as if this marriage is correct then possibly Daisy was still married?

Daisy K Hawkins to William R Rolls Sept qtr 1915 Cardiff 11a 1003, a possible son Spencer Henry Rolls was born 8th August 1920 Huntingdon and died Nov 1989 Weymouth, also a Ralph Pearce born Dec qtr 1926 Pontypridd mmn Hawkins died by the looks of it June qtr 1968 Peterborough aged 41?
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline deepearce

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 27 April 18 17:48 BST (UK) »
Hi again, did the family have links to Peterborough or Northamptonshire, as if this marriage is correct then possibly Daisy was still married?

Daisy K Hawkins to William R Rolls Sept qtr 1915 Cardiff 11a 1003, a possible son Spencer Henry Rolls was born 8th August 1920 Huntingdon and died Nov 1989 Weymouth, also a Ralph Pearce born Dec qtr 1926 Pontypridd mmn Hawkins died by the looks of it June qtr 1968 Peterborough aged 41?
Keyboard86
The first child of Daisy Kate  and Sidney Pearce was born in 1919, Gordon .11a882 So not sure it could be the same Daisy Kate.I dont have the birth certificate  as yet tho.  After Daisy Kate died Sidney moved to Peterborough with all their children. Gordon died in Papworth hospital in 1945.Their other children were Howard,Ralph and Neil

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 27 April 18 18:30 BST (UK) »
OK I see Gordon was buried at Eastfield Cemetery, Peterborough 19th November 1945 birth unknown, aged 25 Leading Air Fitter Royal Navy Service Number FX 81582 son of Mr & Mrs Sydney G Pearce of Peterborough
Keyboard86
PS I possibly think that Sydney Gordon was born Sidney Gordon Pearce Dec qtr 1895 Pontypridd 11a 441 in 1901/11 at Bartlett Street, Caerphilly, parents Sidney James and Catherine Mary Pearce nee Perkins
Are Howard D 1924 and Neil D 1930 still alive, and what is significance of middle initial, also Gordon's birth was registered Sept qtr 1920 Cardiff not 1919 mmn Hawkins, same qtr as Spencer H Rolls mmn Hawkins in Huntingdon!

Offline deepearce

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 08 May 18 15:25 BST (UK) »

Keyboard86
The first child of Daisy Kate  and Sidney Pearce was born in 1919, Gordon .11a882 So not sure it could be the same Daisy Kate.I dont have the birth certificate  as yet tho.  After Daisy Kate died Sidney moved to Peterborough with all their children. Gordon died in Papworth hospital in 1945.Their other children were Howard,Ralph and Neil
OK I see Gordon was buried at Eastfield Cemetery, Peterborough 19th November 1945 birth unknown, aged 25 Leading Air Fitter Royal Navy Service Number FX 81582 son of Mr & Mrs Sydney G Pearce of Peterborough
Keyboard86
PS I possibly think that Sydney Gordon was born Sidney Gordon Pearce Dec qtr 1895 Pontypridd 11a 441 in 1901/11 at Bartlett Street, Caerphilly, parents Sidney James and Catherine Mary Pearce nee Perkins
Are Howard D 1924 and Neil D 1930 still alive, and what is significance of middle initial, also Gordon's birth was registered Sept qtr 1920 Cardiff not 1919 mmn Hawkins, same qtr as Spencer H Rolls mmn Hawkins in Huntingdon!
Keyboard86
Hello again. Thankyou for your information. I did not know Gordon was buried at Peterborough. Now Howard D Pearce.D for Dennis. Died 14th June 1945 buried at Bari War cemetery. And Neil D Pearce ,D for Desmond died  19th December 2016 Coventry. Yes thats right Sidney Gordon son of Sydney James and Catherine.

Offline deepearce

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 08 May 18 15:34 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat

There is a memorial stone in Holy Cross, Cowbridge churchyard for Annie and Helen Gertrude, go to num 107.  Grave also includes Charles De Lacey Hawkins d 1904 in 107 under name list. But seems he is not named on memorial.

http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/wal/GLA/Cowbridge/Cowbridge.Chyard.MI

Also probate to Maud Hawkings, spinster, on death of Annie in 1930. Annie died at 10 Cardiff Rd, which is the same street Edmondes Arms is located.  Google address for street view.

https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/Calendar/GetImgSrc?filePath=%2F1930%2FH%2F001488_hawkey_1930.Png

Others researching same family lines of Charles De Lacey Hawkins.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=472594.0

Cas
Hello Cas. Ive just spent several lovely days visiting  Cowbridge and want to thank you for your information. I visited the church and grave,very sad about the daughter.Any idea what caused her death. so young.  Drank a toast to them  in the Edmondes Arms and was quite impressed with number 10. A fine looking place. And what a lovely town. x Dee

Offline Cas (stallc)

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 08 May 18 15:51 BST (UK) »
Glad you enjoyed!  :)

Think you would have to purchase the death cert to determine cause of death for Helen Gertrude (our Nell)

Quite sad...if I rememer she was about 13yrs.

Deaths Mar Q 1912   
Hawkins    Helen G    13    Bridgend    11a   1107    

Think the GRO are doing PDF for death info, cost around £6.00 rather than the usual £9.25

Cas
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Squire/Thomas/Davies/Gibbons/Mordecai/Bowen/Lewis/Rees/Williams/Jones/Llewellyn/Morgan - Glamorgan
Lewis - Breckonshire
Davies/Roderick - Myddfai Carms
Lloyd/Jones - Denbigh/Salop
Thackwell/Thomas - Hereford/Monmouthshire
Shoemac/Squire/Keirle/Small - Somerset
Berry/Baggot/Lee/Clayton - Lancs
Yelland/Bray/Trethewey - Cornwall
Baggot/Hurley/Keaveny/Shiel/Flynn - Ireland

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 08 May 18 16:01 BST (UK) »
Glad you enjoyed!

Think you would have to purchase the death cert to determine cause of death for Helen Gertrude (our Nell)

Quite sad...if I rememer she was about 13yrs.

Cas

I think that as no marriage has been located for Daisy Kate, then at least her possible death in Dec qtr 1933 Pontypridd as Daisy Kate Pearce aged 41 would confirm possibly who registered it?
Purchasing of death certificates answers many questions!
Keyboard86

Offline deepearce

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 09 May 18 14:57 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat!

From the paper Western Mail 12 August 1916 there is this advertisent:

Public Houses

Edmondes Arms, Cowbridge - this compact
Double-licensed House to Let, on easy terms;
present tenant's hands 7 years. - Apply on the Premises,
or to Wm. Hancock and Co. (Limited), The Brewery,
Cardiff.

I take the line present tenant's hands 7 years to mean it was the same tenant for seven years to time of the advertisement, so that should be your relative?
Thankyou so much .This has been very helpful .Dee