Author Topic: Maggie Boyes - birth at hightae lochmaben  (Read 1072 times)

Offline jayb2

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Maggie Boyes - birth at hightae lochmaben
« on: Friday 27 April 18 17:55 BST (UK) »
Can anyone tell me how I could find out where in Hightae , lochmaben Maggie Boyes gave birth to Williammina Boyes June 1891 I have her registration which says illegitimate and born Hightae but not where many thanks

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Maggie Boyes - birth at hightae lochmaben
« Reply #1 on: Friday 27 April 18 17:59 BST (UK) »
If you have downloaded the birth cert and there is no other address given on it - there is no other way of finding out.  Have you found Maggie on the 1891 census?  As she gave birth so close to the census it may be a possibility
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 27 April 18 18:02 BST (UK) »
If she was born around 1874 Forfar, Kirkcudbright and her mother was Sarah - she was living at North Carthat Farm House in 1891 and was a dressmaker

There is also a Maggie Boyes aged 28 b Lochmaben living with mother Isabella at Lockerbie Rd Thistle Lodge
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline jayb2

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 27 April 18 18:09 BST (UK) »
Yes I know she was at the farm 1891 census April but gave birth in June at Hightae I just have her registration details. Wondered if it was possible to see who was living in Hightae in 1891 it only being a small village whether she had gone to a family member there but have tried various family names with no luck but thanks for your help