Author Topic: Langlands  (Read 906 times)

Offline DonM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Langlands
« on: Saturday 28 April 18 16:38 BST (UK) »
Helen Langlands (illegitimate) b 1889 to Mary Ann Langlands according to Census, Marriage, Death records.  Cannot find a birth 1886-1890.

In the 1891 she is with the family (mother, grandparents, etc) age 1 (St. Andrews) Dundee. I have everything on her from this point forward including her death (NZ), just missing her birth.  There are 3 in SP none are her. Her NZ death has no birth date, no father just her age and mother; her son is listed. And all material points to an 1888/89 birth.

The long shot...Helen's grandmothers maiden name was Small, I did find one illegitimate birth under that name in 1886 which could be a possibility but a couple of things bother me. 

On this birth her mother is listed as Small, maiden name Bow.  The notation on the birth sates she was married to Alex Small who died in 1879 yet I see no registered death and no marriage.  The age difference does bother me a little as Helen had a child very late (1933). 

On the plus side this birth was registered in St. Andrew's. The only other Helen Small in the 1891 b 1886ish was born in Northumberland and living with both parents and siblings. 

Thoughts? 

Don

I have turned off all email notifications, thank you.

Offline isobelw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Gran & Granpa Clotworthy
    • View Profile
Re: Langlands
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 28 April 18 17:46 BST (UK) »
Think this is her. Address matches 1891 census.
Isobel
Clotworthy, McMahon, Saunderson, Culley (Ireland & Scotland)
Weatherall, Greer (Ireland & Scotland)
Hamilton, Johnston, Dawson, Rennie, Wright (Clackmannanshire)

Offline DonM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Langlands
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 28 April 18 18:16 BST (UK) »
I can't believe I missed this. 

Thanks a bunch,

Don
I have turned off all email notifications, thank you.