Author Topic: Can anyone find anything on Doreen Taylor (born 1920 Hunslet, Leeds)?  (Read 1386 times)

Offline Paulo Leeds

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Can anyone find anything on Doreen Taylor (born 1920 Hunslet, Leeds)?
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday 18 December 18 14:02 GMT (UK) »
still struggling on this  ::)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 18 December 18 15:18 GMT (UK) »
Don't understand why?

You have access to 1939 so will have seen her birthdate (2/4/1920) with, as already mentioned, a notation which states she later married a Farrington.

As already posted, she didn't marry until 1970 Blackpool to a Robert C. Farrington.

The death index on Ancestry shows her death entry in Death Index for 2007-2017 i.e. Mrs Doreen Farrington b.1920 (full birth date not shown), died 16/5/2011 Poulton le Fylde (last residence). 

From a probate search on the gov. site this confirms her death on 16/5/2011, date of probate was 1/7/2011 at Liverpool Registry.

There is nothing more that any of us can tell you - to get fuller details about her you would have to purchase her marriage certificate, her death certificate, or a copy of her will (or all 3 if you choose to do so).  Electoral rolls 2002-2010 simply show her living at 34 Fleetwood Road, Thornton-Cleveleys (apparently alone) and that she'd lived there 26 years.  Don't know who exactly her husband was, when he died, whether they stayed together or divorced.

Annette

Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Paulo Leeds

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 18 December 18 15:52 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Ann, I've never seen that 1939 for her before til just now

Offline Paulo Leeds

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday 18 December 18 16:04 GMT (UK) »
I have no idea what happened to her husband, Robert C Farrington

Offline Paulo Leeds

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile